Senior Java Developer
Verisk Nepal is the software development and information technology (IT) service support center for Verisk Analytics. We are a dedicated team of software and IT professionals who provide technical support to Verisk's businesses. At Verisk Nepal, we help our internal clients focus on their business solutions while we focus on the technology. Verisk Nepal is a wholly owned subsidiary of ISO, a Verisk Analytics business.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Senior Java Developer
Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Verisk Business: Verisk Analytics
We help the world see new possibilities and inspire change for better tomorrows. Our analytic solutions bridge content, data, and analytics to help business, people, and society become stronger, more resilient, and sustainable.
- Design, implement and maintain JAVA application
- Take part in software and architectural development activities
- Be involved in all phases of the agile software development lifecycle
- Engage in technical grooming discussions where you should be able to learn as well as contribute
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Proactively seek out and minimize pain points within the infrastructure and code base
- Keep up to date with the latest technologies and introduce them as needed
- Create next-gen solutions for unique and challenging use cases
- Ensure designs follow specifications
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Recommend changes to improve established java application processes
Education Level: Bachelor’s in Computer Science, or related field or equivalent experience
Experience Required: 2 to 3 years of professional experience in Java based application development
Skills and Knowledge -
- Have strong sense of ownership with demonstrated ability to work independently
- Be focused, passionate, and strive to find simple solutions to complex problems
- Excellent understanding of OOP design concepts and software development processes and methods
- Ability to learn new, emerging technologies
- You have a solid general understanding of application components and search engines – what happens on the front end, what happens on the back end.
- You’re a professional. That means you follow through on commitments, meet deadlines, don’t cut corners, consider other people’s ideas, play nice with the team, learn from your mistakes, document things and communicate honestly and proactively if you anticipate an issue doing any of the above
- Ability to effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively contend with competing priorities
- Possess strong troubleshooting, code optimization and refactoring skill
- Strong in Core JAVA fundamental, programming skills (life cycle of objects, exception handling, clarity in scoping of variable and objects within class and methods, etc. clarity in using access specifiers at packages & class level, clarity in writing thread safe code where appropriate) and JAVA based technologies – JAVA 8+ features
- J2EE Framework, Spring Framework
- Experience working in heavily multithreaded application
- Experience or knowledge of Search Engines like Solr, Lucene or Elastic Search
- Experience in microservices architecture and RESTful API development
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases (preferably MongoDB, MSSQL and/or Postgres),
- Knowledge of queuing and messaging technologies like RabbitMQ, SNS and SQS
- Proficient experience working with Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo, Octopus or any CI/CD tool and deep understanding of continuous integration/continuous delivery. Willing and able to work with DevOps team and contribute to CI/CD
- Knowledge of AWS services like EC2, S3, Lambda, API Gateway, Aurora PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch is a strong plus point
In 2022, Verisk received Great Place to Work® Certification for our outstanding workplace culture for the sixth year in a row and second-time certification in the UK, Spain, and India. We’re also one of the 38 companies on the UK’s Best Workplaces™ list and one of 18 companies on Spain’s Best Workplaces™ list.
For over fifty years and through innovation, interpretation, and professional insight, Verisk has replaced uncertainty with precision to unlock opportunities that deliver significant and demonstrable impact. From our historic roots in risk assessment, we’ve grown to provide analytic insights that help transform industries focused on some of the world’s most critical areas. Today, the insurance industry relies on Verisk to be, and to make the world, more productive, resilient, and sustainable.
Verisk works in collaboration with our customers and at the intersection of people, data, and advanced technologies. Through proprietary platformed analytics, advanced modeling, and interpretation, we deliver immediate and sustained value to our customers and through them, to the individuals and societies they serve, with greater speed, precision, and scale. We’re 9,000 people strong, committed to translating big data into big ideas. We help others see new possibilities and empower certainty into big decisions that impact individuals and societies. And we relentlessly and ethically pursue innovation to help move our customers, and the world, toward better tomorrows.
Everyone at Verisk—from our chief executive officer to our newest employee—is guided by The Verisk Way, to Be Remarkable, Add Value, and Innovate.
- Be Remarkable by doing something better each day in service to our customers and each other
- Add Value by delivering immediate and sustained results that drive positive outcomes
- Innovate by redefining what’s possible, embracing challenges, and pushing boundaries
Underwriting Solutions — provides underwriting and rating solutions for auto and property, general liability, and excess and surplus to assess and price risk with speed and precision
Claims Solutions — supports end-to-end claims handling with analytic and automation tools that streamline workflow, improve claims management, and support better customer experiences
Property Estimating Solutions — offers property estimation software and tools for professionals in estimating all phases of building and repair to make day-to-day workflows the most efficient
Extreme Event Solutions — provides risk modeling solutions to help individuals, businesses, and society become more resilient to extreme events.
Specialty Business Solutions — provides an integrated suite of software for full end-to-end management of insurance and reinsurance business, helping companies manage their businesses through efficiency, flexibility, and data governance
Marketing Solutions — delivers data and insights to improve the reach, timing, relevance, and compliance of every consumer engagement
Life Insurance Solutions – offers end-to-end, data insight-driven core capabilities for carriers, distribution, and direct customers across the entire policy lifecycle of life and annuities for both individual and group.
Verisk Maplecroft — provides intelligence on sustainability, resilience, and ESG, helping people, business, and societies become stronger
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.