Revised Request for Proposal (RFP) TERMS OF REFERENCE -DATA COLLECTION FOR WASH PLAN FORMULATION OF KALIKA MUNICIPALITY
Rural Reconstruction Nepal (RRN) is a Nepalese non-governmental development organization working in the areas of integrated community development, agriculture, forestry, human rights, peace building and social justice, having strategic focus on protecting and promoting economic, social and cultural rights and right to development. We also work extensively on natural resource management, disaster management and climate change adaptation and mitigation activities. Its major interventions are directed towards poor, vulnerable and disadvantaged groups of people in rural areas.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Revised Request for Proposal (RFP)
TERMS OF REFERENCE -DATA COLLECTION FOR WASH PLAN FORMULATION OF KALIKA MUNICIPALITY
1. Project background
Rural Reconstruction Nepal (RRN) has been implementing water sanitation and hygiene promotion project in Chitwan district since October 2015 with the support from Welthungerhilfe (WHH) and Viva Con Agua. The overall objective of the project is to ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation in Ichhakamana rural municipality, Kalika municipality and Bharatpur metropolitan city ward no.29 of Chitwan district.
2. Objective of the assignment
The main objective of assignment is to collect primary data of Kalika municipality in collaboration with municipality using NWASH1 software and validate at Palika level.
The process of the development of the WASH plan will include a detailed assessment (detailed survey and mapping of WASH infrastructures, water resources, service levels and provider, hygiene and sanitation behaviors)by using all predefined questionnaires specified in NWASH software.The process of undertaking must ensure maximizing capacity and ownership of the municipality. The process should build capacity of the municipality to collect, analyze data and update the database through monitoring in the future.
In this connection, the consultant(s) is expected to collect required information from Kalika municipality of Chitwan district using NWASH MIS data collection tools and software. It is then to analyze these data, provide database to the muncipal authorities, and to develop their capacity in managing and updating this data using NWASH in future.
NWASH is an android based mobile application use to collect comprehensive WASH information, including geo-referenced inventory and maps. All the data collected from this tool is centered in NWASH MIS platform operated by MoWSS.
The assessment mainly includes household survey (approx. 11,120 households), WASH in institutions survey, drinking water supply schemes mapping, water resource inventory. The independent qualified consultant(s)/consulting firms is expected to formulate the statistically valid methodology for household survey, whereas in case of schools, health facilities and other institutions of municipality census would be done. The mobile based software – NWASH will be used for this survey and data analysis.
Table 1: Number of Households, Schools and Health facilities
|District||Municipality||No. of households||No. of Schools||No. of Health Facilities||No. of water supply systems|
|Chitwan||Kalika Municipality||11,120||49||4||3 medium size water supply systems covering 6650 households of kalika 1-7 and 47 small drinking water supply systems in kalika 8, 9,10,11. |
Focus Group Discussion (FGD) and Key Informant Interviews (KII) will be also used to explore WASH governance in the municipality.
- Focus Group Discussion (FGD):15 FGDs targeting each ward level stakeholders and marginalized and disadvantaged communities
- Key Informant Interviews (KII): At least 10-15KIIs with key stakeholders.
4. Responsibilities of consultant (s)/ Consulting firms
- An inception report and presentation (within week of contract signing) that explains detailed methodology, timeline, study protocols for commencing and finalization of the assignment in consultation with RRN/WHH.
- Orientation of enumerators on data collection using NWASH software.
- Manage the field visit and community consultation as proposed.
- Complete synchronization of data on NWASH portal with GPS locations, summary of the findings and shared to RRN/WHH for feedback.
- Data validation workshop at all 11 wards of municipality.
- Submission of final report with municipality-wide data base that the municipality can easily understand and update.
5. Key deliverables
- An inception report including study methodology, timeline and study protocol.
- Clean and synchronized water, sanitation and hygiene database of Kalika municipality.
- Analysis of quantitative and qualitative information, including interview notes/recording with coding.
- WASH profile of Kalika municipality.
The time period for data collection and validation for WASH plan preparation will be 45 days (including preparatory work, data collection, data analysis, data validation). The expected date of startingof this assignment is from early November 2020.
7. Required Qualification and experience
The individual consultant(s)/consulting firm should have prior experience in Palika level WASH plan preparation. The proposed consultant(s)/consulting firm should have following qualification:
Team Leader: Proposed team leader should have following qualification:
- Should have post graduate degree in engineering or equivalent with having more than 10 years of experience on WASH sector.
-Experience of developing profile and plan of local government and large scale study such as baseline, mid-term and final evaluation.
-Should have strong knowledge on rural/urban WASH context, including communal and self-water supply systems, faecal sludge management, and solid waste management etc.
-Having TOT on NWASH or experience on NWASH will be preferred.
- Other enumerators should have Diploma/Bachelor's degree in civil engineering.
- Community motivators will be hired in coordination with municipality.
- The consultant(s)/consulting firm should have experience in survey using mobile application, fieldwork, and understanding on WASH governance, GESI and LNOB.
- Consultant should have excellent report writing skills; (Nepali and English) preferably in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) sector.
8. Document required
The application should include:
- A brief technical proposal outlining how the work will be undertaken, methodology of analysis and what would be looked at during the study, the team structure, and providing broad headings of the final reporting structure (around 5 pages maximum).
- Detailed budget breakdown.
- Detailed work plan.
- CVs of the proposed Team Leader and key team members.
- For consulting firms: Firm profile, copies of registration and renewal certificate, VAT registration certificate and tax clearance certificate.
- For Individual(s): Copy of citizenship certificate and VAT registration certificate.
9. Proposal deadline
Interested and qualified consultant(s)/consulting firm are requested to submit electronic scanned copy of the requisite documents enclosed with technical and financial proposal as mentioned in TOR through the email address email@example.com by 17:00 hours of 19 October 2020.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for further evaluation process. RRNreserves right to reject any or all application without any reasons.
Rural Reconstruction Nepal-RRN
288 Gairidharamarga, Gairidhara Kathmandu Nepal
Contact no.: 01-4004976; 01-4004985