Research and Training Officer
Nepal Red Cross Society manages CEHP (Community Empowerment for Health Promotion Program) in collaboration with Swiss Red Cross since 2001. The service of this program are implemented Mid-West Region (MWR) of Nepal. The core services of CEHP are Community Health and WASH, HIV prevention, sensitization of NCDs and strengthening capacity of Red Cross and community network. The program was mainly implemented in Jajarkot, Dang, Rukum, Rolpa and Dolpa districts in previous phase. The new phase-VII of the programme is being implemented from July 2018 to June 2021 with the continuation of two components-Health and WASH in Province 5 (Dang and Rolpa district) and Province Karnali (West Rukum and Kalikot district)
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Nepal Red Cross Society, Community Empowerment for Health Promotion Program (CEHP) Nepalgunj invites applications from suitable and qualified Nepali citizen for the following position.
|Position:||Research and Training Officer|
|Level:||Sixth or (Negotiable for highly experienced candidates)|
|Duty Station: ||Nepalgunj, frequently movement to the project field offices. |
|Duration:||Six months, with possibility of extension|
|Minimum Requirements:||Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health (BPH) with 3 years works experience, or Master’s Degree in Public Health (MPH) with at least one year of experience in the field of training and research. Candidates with prior experience on carrying out social and health research are must for this position. Need excellent communication/facilitation skills. Ability to communicate and write reports both in English and Nepali languages. Excellent computer skills in MS office are must. Age bar Male: 21-35 yrs., Female: 21-40 yrs.|
Women and candidates from disadvantaged/marginalized background are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates may submit their applications along with latest bio-data, together with a recent photo with details of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 11, 2021. Only short listed candidates will be called at Nepalgunj office in the selection process.
Purpose of Job
The job is concerned with the building capacity of the project team and its partner district chapters to take informed decisions carrying out operational/implementation/action researches and also to facilitate and ensure quality of all capacity building input from the projects to the district chapters, sub-chapters, community networks, etc. to effectively implement program/projects as laid down in the calendar of operation, and policy procedure of the projects.
Outline of Job responsibilities and tasks:
- Prepare annual training and research activities calendar for the various projects.
- Build capacity of the program/project team members to carry out implementation researches.
- Support to carry out the pre-planned and needful studies/surveys.
- Prepare the research reports enhancing the capacity of project staffs.
- Regularly review and update training designs and materials.
- Develop and design new training materials. Oversee the design and/or revision of project curriculum materials.
- Develop/design necessary IEC/BCC materials, formats and tools for the training.
- Facilitate for preparation of training design, and tools as required.
- Provide training to partner DC staff and other community based organizations.
- Design and/or revise pre- post-testing materials and other assessment materials as necessary for various actors and community institutions.
- Support and provide input to the PMER Officer to ensure that appropriate data is collected regularly in order to assess project outcomes throughout the project.
- Facilitate for implementation of capacity building (organizational development) activities in focus to district chapters.
- Provide input for technical/narrative reports, project proposals, etc. as necessary.
- Fulfill other specific assignments of NRCS CEHP.