Request for Proposals
CEN is a non-profit policy, research and implementation organization focusing on environmental conservation and sustainable energy use. It was established by a group of environmentalists, eco entrepreneurs, social architects and experts to fill the gap of an organization working on research and awareness raising to help address Nepal's urgent environmental issues. With a vision of a Healthy, Green and Sustainable Environment for All, CEN carries out youth-led, evidence-based advocacy on issues related to climate change, energy, air pollution and other environmental issues. The CEN family consists of a nine-member Executive Committee, about 30 general members, 6 staff members and hundreds of volunteers from various technical and non-technical fields.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Published Date: 10th January, 2023 | Deadline: 3rd February, 2023 5:00 PM | SAFA Campaign: Clean Air Initiative Grant
Clean Energy Nepal invites proposals for local initiatives to curb air pollution.
Clean Energy Nepal (CEN) has been implementing the “Safe and Clean Air for All” (SAFA) in Nepal, campaign with the financial support of the US Department of State (FEDERAL ASSISTANCE AWARD). CEN invites proposals from local youths to implement Clean Air Initiative Grants (Local initiatives) in each city (Biratnagar/Bhairahawa/ Illam/ Pokhara/ Kathmandu/ Surkhet).
The grant will provide funds to local youth groups & individuals of the respective city to work towards achieving clean air and curbing local air pollution through advocacy, technological intervention, awareness and knowledge dissemination among others.
Under the SAFA campaign, Clean Air Initiative Grant will be implemented with the following objective
- To engage young people in the clean air momentum.
With the implementation of the SAFA campaign Clean Air Initiative Grant, the following outcomes are expected
- Awareness is raised among the locals and stakeholders
- Clean air momentum is brought forward
- Share the design, plan and detailed activities of the initiatives
- Carry out the initiatives at the local level in line with SAFA team.
- Create awareness on status of air pollution among local stakeholders
- Weekly updates, Submit event report and final report
- At least intermediate/10+2 degree.
- Local youths of respective cities
- Strong capability to conduct and participate in field-related activities.
- Involvement in volunteering or community development works, with special attention to air pollution-related activities.
- Flexible, self-motivating, and capable to manage his/her tasks efficiently.
- Capable to meet deadlines for project accomplishment and reporting.
The activities should be accomplished by April 2023 and final report submission is mandatory by May 5th, 2023
Amount of grant available
The amount of the grant available for each city is NPR. 3,70,000 (Rupees Three Lakhs seventy thousands only) which will be subjected to 15% tax.
How to apply
All completed proposals should be sent electronically to (cen.comms@gmail or firstname.lastname@example.org) in a portable document format (.pdf) and budget in a separate excel sheet with the subject line Proposal on Clean Air initiative to curb local air pollution.
A selection committee will review and evaluate obtained proposals and take final decision.
More Details on: https://www.cen.org.np/proposal-call-clean-air-initiatives.html
NOTE*: Applicant is local youths and can apply for a single city.