QA Engineer- ETL
Verisk Nepal is the software development and information technology (IT) service support center for Verisk Analytics. Weâ€™re a dedicated team of software and IT professionals who provide technical support to Veriskâ€™s businesses. At Verisk Nepal, we help our internal clients focus on their business solutions while we focus on the technology. Verisk Nepal is a wholly owned subsidiary of ISO, a Verisk Analytics business.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Experience Required: 1 to 3 years of professional experience in Software Quality Assurance, back-end data testing and Data QA Automation
- Act as QA lead on a wide variety of data intense projects
- Lead analysis for the purposes of developing test cases and test data for back-end data intense application
- Perform hands-on manual testing while scripting automated tests to ensure application and data quality.
- Test ETL systems in Pentaho which includes Data Analysis, Test Data Creation in different format/input files and Testing regulated data – majority in a scripted automated environment.
- Continuously develop and socialize best practices for the design and development of robust and easily maintainable QA Automation Suites.
- Serve as a liaison to business analyst and product owner, providing feedback on application readiness for migrations.
Skills and Expertise:
- Proficient in SQL queries and Relational Database concepts, Aurora Postgres, data structures and data operations in general.
- Expertise in data workflow testing, data analysis, Test Data Creation in different format/input files along detailed data verification testing with handling regulated data
- Experience in ETL testing - Pentaho / Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Technically familiar with development concepts and formats such as SQL, XML, JSON and scripting languages
- Experience in testing non-GUI applications (SQL, Flat Files, XML, JSON etc.)
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Good knowledge of a programming/scripting language – JAVA, Scripting, Python
- Knowledge or Experience in AWS Services is a plus, but not required.
- Sound technical background, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment
- A wholesome QA resource with an ability to put together test plan and test case scenarios, create test data and verify output using scripted scenarios
- Possess excellent problem-solving abilities
- Knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable QA automation workflows
- Proficient in developing and implementing automated tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tool and familiarity with Continuous Integration atmosphere
Education Level: Bachelor’s in Computer Science, or related field or equivalent experience
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.