Verisk Nepal is the software development and information technology (IT) service support center for Verisk Analytics. We are a dedicated team of software and IT professionals who provide technical support to Verisk's businesses. At Verisk Nepal, we help our internal clients focus on their business solutions while we focus on the technology. Verisk Nepal is a wholly owned subsidiary of ISO, a Verisk Analytics business.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Verisk Business: Verisk Analytics
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
- Develop web applications as a full stack developer.
- Develop batch processes and automation tasks with python.
- Write unit test cases and be involved in system testing.
- Deployment of projects using various AWS technologies.
- Application support and maintenance activity after production
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree from recognized university
Experience Required: 3+ years of professional experience
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming
- Experience with Python Flask or Django
- Experience with SQL databases like SQL Server/MySQL/PostgreSQL and NOSQL databases such as MongoDB/DynamoDB etc.
- Experience working with Pandas, Numpy, regular expressions in python
- Experience with writing Unit test cases
- Familiar with Pylint and PEP 8 Python development style guide
Candidates having following will have an added advantage:
- Knowledge of AWS services such as Ec2, Lambda, S3, DynamoDB, RDS, CloudFormation etc.
- Experience in visualization tools such as PowerBI or Tableau
- Experience with text mining
- Experience working in AI/ML projects
- Experience or working knowledge of any other programming language Java/.NET
- Having an active Github profile showcasing the work/personal projects done over the years.
|Category||Information Technology, Engineering - Software, Software Development|
|Position Type||Full Time|
|Posted Date||06 May, 2022|
|Apply Before||05 Jun, 2022|