Project Officer –J/TIP
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Project Officer –J/TIP
Contract Period: 1st December 2020 to 30th September 2023
Application closing date: 20th October 2020
ECPAT Luxembourg is a non-governmental organisation headquartered in Luxembourg. Our primary goal is to end sexual exploitation of children. We are part of the global ECPAT network whose members work to achieve this common goal. Currently, we work in 10 countries across South and South East Asia and West Africa to protect children from all forms of sexual exploitation, including trafficking. We ensure that their families and communities are supported so that protection is strengthened at source in a sustainable manner. We work closely with government authorities to support and complement their efforts to build better futures for children where their rights to protection from sexual exploitation is guaranteed.
ECPAT Luxembourg has been awarded a federal grant from the US Department of State, Office to Monitor and Combat Trafficking in Persons (J/TIP) to implement a 3-year project in Nepal(Suraksha koLagiSathSath/Together for Protection) from the 1st of October 2020. The project will make efforts to ensure that strong government mechanisms and structures exist at provincial and local levels in Nepal that ensure comprehensive services to victims of trafficking, particularly for children.
Duty Station: South Asia Regional Office, Kathmandu, Nepal.
In close collaboration with the Program Manager of ECPAT Luxembourg, theProjectOfficer (PO) for J/TIP will be responsible for ensuring efficient and effective implementation of project activities which include training and capacity building of child protection (CP)and anti-TIP government entities at local and provincial levels and of service providers providing institutional care.
- Provide technical support and coordinate with project partners, as and when required.
- Liaise on a consistent and planned basis with project partners to obtain updates on project progress (activities, monitoring data, financial updates, etc.), clarify queries and gather information for reports or proposals.
- Coordinate with the National Child Rights Council (NCRC), National Committee to Counter Human Trafficking (NCCHT), provincial and local governments and other concerned stakeholders to ensure timely implementation of activities.
- Liaise with concerned government stakeholders and other existing partners in project districts and maintain healthy professional relationships.
- Review government policies and guidelines related to CP/ TIP.
- Collaborate with all technical and finance/admin colleagues for preparation of project management documents (project progress tracking documents, budget spreadsheets, work plans, project briefing materials, etc.)
- Support development of training materials.
- Collaborate with finance/admin colleagues to obtain financial information from partners for project budgets and assist the finance team with financial reporting.
- Draft and finalize all technical reports to donor. Support colleagues for preparing funding applications for new projects.
- Ensure a consistent flow of information between technical and finance/admin colleagues on project progress.
- Maintain efficient project administration and electronic project files.
- Organize logistics for project visits, meetings and conferences.
- Develop and maintain a knowledge resource of information relevant to the project.
- Respond promptly to incoming emails, mail and telephone calls and ensure enquiries are addressed in a timely manner.
- Actively participate in wider staff meetings, team briefings and external meetings.
- Perform other tasks as agreed collaboratively with the PM, M&E, and Finance Manager
- University degree in Social Studies, Sociology, International /Development Studies or equivalent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Nepali required.
- Prior experience of working with government institutions, familiarity with government working /reporting processes required.
- Experience in project management methodologies and tools required.
- Proficiency in MS Office (advanced level Word and Excel)required.
- Rigorous time management and activity organization required.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Flexible and adaptable to change, ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Ability to work well with others in a team, take initiatives independently.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills.
- Prior experience and knowledge of CP/ TIP issues.
- Understanding of and commitment to ECPAT Luxembourg’s mission and values.
All applications must be submitted to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org; with the following information on the subject line: Application for the position (you are applying for)
Applications sent by post will not be reviewed. Please include an application letter, updated CV (4 pages maximum) with email, telephone and/or skype contact details, and a minimum of 2 work related referees. Please state your expected salary on the cover letter. Applications without requested information will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Telephone and email queries will not be entertained.