Project Officer, Inclusive Education (Only Female)
Details / requirements:
Handicap International Federation (HI) is an independent and impartial aid organization, created in 1982, working across 63 countries. HI works alongside the vulnerable populations, whatever the context, taking action to respond to their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. Present in Nepal since 2000, HI works through a network of local partner organizations in the area of health and physical rehabilitation, inclusive education and resilience including emergency response to improve the living conditions and involvement of the most vulnerable populations in Nepal.
HI Nepal invites application from qualified female candidates for the following position for its “Strengthening the Inclusion of Children with Disabilities in Early Childhood Education and Development (ECED)” program in Nepal:
1. Project Officer, Inclusive Education– 1 position (Only Female)
Terms & Conditions: Fixed-Term Contract
Location: Country Office Kathmandu, Nepal
- Support program manager to provide technical backstopping related to disability inclusive education
- Enhance capacity of the implementing partners on Inclusive Education more specific for inclusion of the children with disabilities in early childhood education and development
- Engage with the program team for the development of capacity building packages (Training, workshop, orientation etc.) as per need of the targeted populations and ensure quality delivery of the trainings
- Lead in designing, development, production and distribution of effective social communication/IEC/awareness tools and materials related to disability inclusive education
- Coordinate with federal, provincial and local level stakeholders, partners and other likeminded organizations including the organizations of the persons with disabilities to scaleup the disability inclusive education strategies
- Support in overall M&E activities of the program in coordination with M&E focal point and program team as well as develop case stories, best practices and lesson learned of interventions of the program
- Support program manager on partnership management under the program by keep track record of the progress and interface where needed
- Support other Inclusive Education projects as and when required by the organization
Qualification and Skills Required:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Education/Inclusive Education, Arts, Rural Development, Social Work and other Social Sciences or related discipline
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional working experience in inclusive education thematic program (preferably children with disabilities)
- Knowledge of education system of Nepal and have understanding of need of disability inclusive education is desirable
- Good interpersonal, communication and networking skills
- Excellent facilitation skills, resourceful on communications and coordination
- Ability to work under strict deadlines
- Willingness to travel in remote setting of the country
Send a motivation letter mentioning your expected salary and an updated CV including 2 referees (one must be your current line manager) with contact number and e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 8th April 2023. HI Nepal reserves the right to cancel, postpone or modify the whole recruitment process and reject any application without specifying any reasons whatsoever.
HI firmly believe in the importance of inclusion and diversity within our organization. This is why we are committed to a disability policy to encourage the inclusion and integration of people with disabilities. Please indicate if you require any special accommodations, including participation in the first interview.
Candidates applying for a job with HI must be ready to comply with our Child Protection Policy, and Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment. HI Nepal has a zero tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the values and mission of HI, hence, all selected candidates are expected to adhere to these standards and principles.