Project Officer (Inclusion and OPD Management)
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Handicap International Federation (HI) is an independent and impartial aid organization, created in 1982, working across 63 countries. HI works alongside the vulnerable populations, whatever the context, taking action to respond to their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. Present in Nepal since 2000, HI works through a network of local partner organizations in the area of health and physical rehabilitation, inclusive education and resilience including emergency response to improve the living conditions and involvement of the most vulnerable populations in Nepal.
For the implementation of one of its education project, HI Nepal invites applications for the following position:
Project Officer (Inclusion and OPD Management) – 1 position
Terms & Conditions: Fixed term contract till July 2024
Location: Bharatpur, Chitwan, Nepal
- Ensure regular coordination with partners, and serve as the focal point for partner communication to organization and vice versa
- Ensure finalization and archiving of meeting minutes, reports and other documents
- Prepare and finalize with the partner and the Task Order lead a detailed capacity development plan (Monthly, Quarterly and Annual) and ensure the achievement of milestone identified with support of the PM
- Support Project Manager and team by ensuring principles of Inclusion and OPD engagement throughout activities of the project
- Ensure Inclusion and OPD (Organization of Person with Disability) engagement is crosscutting between all activities of the TO.
- Ensure right message about the project is communicated to all concerned stakeholders by using different knowledge management tools and methodologies
- Provide support in developing and disseminating methodology, tools and ensure capitalization of project and production of TO documents relating to Inclusion and OPD management
- Liaise with DCC, group of people with disability at both the national and local level authorities to explore various possibilities for developing/bringing in policy level changes for making the activities of the task order inclusive and increase impact of the Task Order
- In coordination with consortium partners and Task Order team and in consensus with the OPD’s develop a capacity building plan and implement activities accordingly to work towards improved capacity of the OPD’s
- Any other duty and support at the service of the organization, as requested by line manager
Qualification and Skills Required:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science, Management or related field
- Minimum 4 years of working experience in development organization in similar role
- Exposure to the concept of Inclusion and knowledge on disability sector will be an added advantage
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Sound coordination and networking skills
Send a motivation letter mentioning position applied for and expected salary and an updated CV including 2 referees with contact number and e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than, 9th February 2022. HI Nepal reserves the right to cancel, postpone or modify the whole recruitment process without providing any reasons whatsoever.
Handicap International (HI) is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women, people with disability, and members from disadvantaged communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Candidates applying for a job with HI must be ready to comply with our Child Protection Policy, and Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment.