Detailed Job description / requirements:
Urgent Vacancy Announcement (Re-Advertisement)
Community Development Forum, Nepal established in 2005 is registered in District Administration Office, Dolakha and affiliated with Social Welfare Council with motive to support on social development. It is autonomous, non-profit making, politically nonpartisan and non-government organization. It encourages community participation for protection; management and utilization of environment and natural resources by assuming sustainable development for basic need on self-dependence of rural people. It is focused to contribution on holistic development of country with enhanced awareness among people through agriculture, forest, environment, education, health, women empowerment, human resource development, social welfare activities.
The organization is under recruitment plan for the following positions under Water Security and WASH Resilience (WSWR) project funded by Water Aid Nepal and invites detailed applications including an updated CV and along with a cover letter in the email: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15th, Jan 2021.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified for further selection procedure.
|Required No ||1(One)|
hours per week ||As
per organizations policy |
|Location||District Office, Charikot, Dolakha |
Under the overall guidance of the Executive Board and Executive Director, the Project Coordinator shall shoulder the overall responsibility of smooth implementation of Water Security & WASH Resilience Project The Project coordinator carry-out tasks in accordance with the system and policies of CDF-Nepal and funding agencies. S/he shall follow the guidance of WAN , Borad of Director of CDF Nepal and Executive Director and closely works with project team to fulfill the responsibilities.
- Demonstrates commitment to the CDF-Nepal core values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religious, ethnicity and age sensitivity and adaptability with best of project and it’s beneficiary in mind.
- Smooth implementation of the project with close coordination with concerned stakeholders and Local government.
- Work prioritization, the ability of multitasking and willingness to go the extra mile to accomplish what the job demands is a must.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality concerning Project document, Data Management.
- Good planning and coordination skills to ensure a wide variety of activities, often with an urgent nature, to be carried out in an efficient and economic manner.
- Oversee the overall implementation of the project in consultation with the project team and in accordance with the approved project plan ensuring outcome/outputs are met within the required timeframe and budget.
- Develop a weekly, monthly and quarterly work plan on the basis of yearly work schedule for the implementation of project activities with the coordination with project staffs.
- Ensuring complete, accurate and timely submission of project reports (Weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual activity progress reports
- Monitor the progress of project activities and implementation of the work plan at the field level including financial monitoring.
- Set-up and update archives of digital and hard-copy documentation related to the project, especially with regard to the means of verification of the project.
- Ensure transparency and adherence to procurement regulations in procurement processes;
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solution where applicable
- Liaise with WaterAid throughout the project cycle, informing WaterAid on progress and obstacles in the implementation and provide necessary documentation upon request
- Overall Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting as well as Accountability Management.
- Communicating and timely reporting to WAN and other relavant organizations as per requirement and meet compliances. Act as a focal reporting person to WAN
- Manage and ensure coordination with all district and community level stakeholders, donors, and line agencies for the effective program planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the project activities.
- Undertake, as a chief of the project, overall administrative and managerial part of the project.
- Supervise and instruct project staffs for better performance, monitor their activities and ensure timely reporting from their respective wards.
- Arrange and organize meeting, orientation, coordination and review meeting for effective project performance.
- Involved into project related procurement process being governed by existing procurement policies of the organization.
- Proper management and documentation of all the official records and documents.
- Perform other relevant jobs as assigned by the organization time to time and keep yourself in close contact and coordination with the executive board of CDF Nepal.
- Ensure complaint and feedback mechanism (CFAM) are established in each community and schools and increasingly being known by the users and stakeholders
Professional skills and qualifications needed in the position
- Minimum Bachelors degree in any descipline with minimum 2 years of solid experience as a project coordinator on WASH projects and 5 years of overall experience in I/NGO works.
- Experience of implementation of WASH projects with advocacy and lobby on the burning issues with local/provincial government
- Tactfulness and excellent interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills both in English and Nepali
- Ability and willingness to work as a team and to work under pressure and in remote/difficult circumstances
- Reporting Documentation skills and computer skills.
- Ability to design M&E tools as per requirement (Monitoring visit checklist and others)
- Willingness to lead advocacy work and lobbying on rights to water and sanitation, local government WASH financing.
- Having two wheeler driving license is an additional asset
Communication and Reporting lines
- Project coordinator Reports to Executive director on all issues related to personnel & general management. However, s/he will also report and work according to responsibilities assigned by WAN for project progress. Specifically, Project coordinator will be;
- Provided programmatic and technical support by the Executive director and Senior Programme Officer (WAN) on all issues related to programmatic and thematic content of WSWR project.
- Provides overall administrative and financial management support by Admin & finance Officer