Aasaman Nepal (ASN) with the vision of happy and healthy children is currently working in 15 districts of Nepal, irrespective of geographical location. Dedicated to children's education, health and rights, ASN works in various developmental themes; Health and nutrition, education, child protection, natural resource management, livelihood, and humanitarian response.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Aasaman Nepal (ASN) ‘A pioneer organization for education and nutrition’, is one of the leading Terai based NGOs led and managed by social activists since its establishment in Dhanusha, Janakpur in 1999. ASN has been engaged in developing and implementing programs aimed at the protection, promotion, and fulfillment of child rights in Nepal. Currently, ASN has been working in 10 districts within 4 Thematic Areas: Education & Child Protection, Health & Nutrition, Governance, and Disaster Risk Reduction & Livelihood with a major focus on cross-cutting issues like gender equality & social inclusion (GESI), women empowerment, human rights, and environmental conservation.
ASN has been implementing SHASHAKTA Project partnering with Kindernothilfe (KNH), Nepal in Dhanusha district from 2018 and currently looking for the following experienced and dynamic team player for the aforementioned project in Dhanusha district.
The project uses the right based Self Help Group (SHG) Approach and has its various interventions focused to enhance the living standard of women, young mothers, married girls, and children through their social, economic & political empowerment.
Position: Project Coordinator- 1 (Female Only)
Key Responsibilities: Administer overall programme effectiveness through coordination and implementation of the planned activities as per the project specification.
- Ensure smooth operation of the project by providing necessary support to the team members of the project at the field & the district level.
- Ensure continuous supervision and monitoring of the tasks assigned to the community facilitators.
- Coordinate with key stakeholders, Provincial government & local government authorities, NGO’s, and partners.
- Review and evaluate project documentation including yearly and quarterly work plans, communication, materials, budget, preparation for meetings, and other written materials.
- Ensure accountability towards government authorities by sharing project target, budget, progress as well as delivery approaches.
- Represent the organization at different forums, platforms, networks, and consortium and ensure meaningful participation.
- Oversee the implementation of project activities in coordination with management functions (monitoring and evaluation, follow-up, supervision, publication, communication, and training).
- Prepare and compile quarterly, semi-annual, and annual progress reports, study reports, monitoring reports, for submission to the donor agency.
- Proactively participate in project planning meetings and meetings with relevant stakeholders.
- Prepare training materials and manage the training of the program according to the schedule including the adaptation of guidelines and curriculum.
- Plan for regular visits to support the staff and M&E of the program.
- Guiding the team for the proper implementation of project output for intended Impact.
- Fulfill other appropriate level responsibilities as defined by the Project.
Qualification and Experience Required:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in sociology or related subject with at least 3 years of relevant working experience, particularly in women empowerment, covering the significant aspects of the job preferably with NGO experience in project implementation in districts of Province 2.
- Excellent skills in training manual development, training delivery reporting, and computer (Ms-office, email, internet) skills.
- Excellent communication, coordination, and staff management skills
- Strong communication skills in Nepali and English
- Facilitation skills
Other attributes for the position: Excellent quality of work and commitment to high standards, willingness, and motivation for good service delivery with strong networking and interpersonal skills and comfortable to work under stress and emergencies.
Selected candidates must adhere to Aasaman Nepal’s internal policies and procedures, protocols, Code of conduct with special attention to Child Protection Policies, and Do No Harm approach including funding agency’s policies, guidelines, and agreements.
Competent women candidates from disadvantaged groups and inhabitants of the project district will be given priority.
Interested candidates are required to send their CV and cover letter indicating the post applied for with a recent photo to email@example.com within 7 days (within 23rd October 2020) from the date of vacancy publication. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
ASN reserves the right to qualify/disqualify any applications without any reason.