Aasaman Nepal (ASN) with the vision of happy and healthy children is currently working in 15 districts of Nepal, irrespective of geographical location. Dedicated to children's education, health and rights, ASN works in various developmental themes; Health and nutrition, education, child protection, natural resource management, livelihood, and humanitarian response.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Aasaman Nepal (ASN) ‘A pioneer organization for education and nutrition’, is one of the leading Terai based NGOs led and managed by social activists since its establishment in Dhanusha, Janakpur in 1999. ASN has been engaged in developing and implementing programs aimed at protection, promotion and fulfillment of child rights in Nepal. Currently, ASN has been working in 10 districts under 6 Thematic Areas as: Education/Child Protection, Women Empowerment, Livelihood/ Natural Resource Management, Disaster Risk Reduction, Health/ Nutrition and Good Governance.
ASN is implementing the project “International Citizens Service (ICS) Project” supported by VSO Nepal and invites applications from dedicated and qualified Nepali citizens for the following post based in Dhading district of Province 3.
- Position: Project Coordinator (PC)- 1
Programme Coordination and Volunteer Management
- Take a lead in implementing ICS activities in Siddhalekh Rural Municipality of Dhading District.
- Supervise and guide volunteers in placement
- Keep track of all programme plans and activities
- Attend weekly team meetings and provide necessary support to run Community Action Days (CADs)
- Liaise with local community partners including but not limited to School Management Committees, Parent Teacher Association (PTA), local health posts, municipalities, wards, local cooperatives, farmers’ groups, women’s groups and so forth
- Assist peer educators to run activities
- Prepare and submit periodic activity reports as per project standard format and help produce publication of best examples and success stories of community activities carried out by action learners
- Make visits to team clusters to monitor action learners’ activities
- Support VSO ICS PCs in providing adequate and prompt medical support as needed
- Work closely with TLs to develop innovative ideas
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ensure data management systems capture all data relevant for monitoring and evaluation of all programme activities
- Assist PCs and TLs in programme implementation and learning and in data collection and monitoring activities as required
- Facilitate activities against targeted plans
- Maintain continuous communication with PCs and TLs
- Facilitate promotional activities of the ICS programme locally in close coordination with the Kathmandu office and project placement staff
- Attend important events as invited by VSO Nepal and partner NGO
- Manage logistical and administrative support as required
- Fulfil other appropriate level responsibilities from time to time
Essential Qualification and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Social work, Development Studies or any related subject
- At least two years working experience in development sector
- Good communication and staff management skill
- An excellent computer skill on Microsoft Office, Microsoft, Excel and PowerPoint,
Successful candidates will be appointed for three months (October 1 2020 to December 30 2020).
Selected candidates must adherence to Aasaman Nepal’s internal policies and procedures, protocols, Code of conduct with special attention to Child Protection Policies and Do No Harm approach including funding agency’s policies, guidelines and agreements.
Competent candidates from disadvantaged groups and inhabitants of the project districts will be given priority.
Interested candidates are required to send their CV and cover letter indicating the post applied for with a recent photo to firstname.lastname@example.org within 1 week of vacancy announced (i.e.25th September 2020). Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
ASN reserves the right to qualify/disqualify any applications without any reason.