Detailed Job description / requirements:
Handicap International (HI) is an independent and impartial not for profit organization, created in 1982, working across 63 countries worldwide. HI works alongside the vulnerable populations, whatever the context, taking action to respond to their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.HI has been present in Nepal since 2000. HI works in partnership with the authorities and local partner organizations in the area of health and physical rehabilitation, inclusive education and resilience including emergency situations to respond to essential needs of vulnerable populations, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
HI is currently conducting physical rehabilitation related project which is aiming to integrate rehabilitation service in the Public Health System. This program will work closely with health authorities, Disability Peoples Organization (DPO), private rehabilitation services providers and rehabilitation professional associations.
HI Nepal is recruiting the following position to contribute in the implementation of its project.
1. Project Assistant - 1 Position
Terms & Conditions: Fixed term position for 6 Months
Location: 60% at the HI Country Office, Kathmandu Nepal and 40% at collaborating partners offices.
- Provide required administrative and project implementation support to deliver project activities in smooth manner
- Provide financial support by keeping track of project related the expenses
- Provide logistic support to the team members for daily operations and other events
- Support Project team members for communication and information dissemination within the team members, partners and other departments; promote and maintain effective communication with team and external stakeholders
- Support Project Manager for budget forecasting, budget expenditure monitoring and re-budgeting
Qualification and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, business studies, arts or related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience in administration and logistic support in development projects, preferably on USAID supported initiatives
- Previous experience of supporting the Ministry of Health and Population or its entities in documentation and logistics
- Basic knowledge of financial procedures, income tax act and VAT
- Excellent computer application skills particularly in excel and word
Send a motivation letter mentioning position applied for and expected salary and an updated CV including 2 referees with contact number and e-mail address to email@example.com no later than July 12, 2020.
HI Nepal reserves the right to cancel, postpone or modify the whole recruitment process without providing any reasons whatsoever.
Handicap International (HI) is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women, people with disability, and members from disadvantaged communities are strongly encouraged to apply.