Programme Funding Coordinator (Readvertisement)
DanChurchAid is an independent and humanitarian Danish organisation with a vision of a world without hunger, poverty and oppression, in which popular and political powers constantly work strongly and actively for a just and sustainable distribution and use of the earth’s resources. We have been supporting development work in Nepal since the 1980s. We focus on Fight extreme inequality, Save lives, Build resilient communities and Climate change to improve the life of the most marginalized communities in some of the most remote and vulnerable regions of Nepal, through a rights-based approach.
Details / requirements:
Programme Funding Coordinator (Readvertisement)
DCA Nepal seeks application from experienced and motivated candidate for the position of Programme Funding Coordinator to support the Programme Funding and Business Development portfolio in Nepal. S/he will mainly contribute to diversify the funding and partnership portfolio of DCA Nepal Office, support in DCA's fundraising strategy development, write high quality proposals, bring innovations in the projects and support in efficient and effective grants management.
The position requires to work closely with the Thematic Leads/Programme Managers, MEAL Manager, Communications and Finance and Procurement Team during the proposals design and grants management process. S/he will maintain relationship with multiple government line ministries, funding agencies and I/NGO counterparts. S/he will closely monitor as well as update on the funding opportunities in the areas of DCA's work. The position reports to Head of Programme and is based at Nepal Country Office, Kathmandu with field travel.
Key responsibility includes:
- Facilitate and coordinate development (including project design workshop) and writing of concept notes and full proposals in line with the donor call priorities as well as DCA priorities together with the Programme Team, members of other relevant Nepal teams and partners.
- Maintain close working relationships with donors; explore new donors (including Trust Funds, Corporates, Foundations etc) and establish contact/relationships with them in order to identify their calls for proposals that fit with Nepal priorities and facilitate initial discussions on the calls with DCA team.
- Ensure proper communication with respective back-donors on their requirements under the contractual agreements relating to finance, procurement, visibility, reporting as well as their approval in case of any changes in the project design, action plans or budgets.
- Facilitate back-donor visits, monitoring teams and evaluations -Result Oriented Monitoring (ROM), audits, on-the-spot checks, etc in collaboration with respective teams.
- Ensuring implementation and review of Nepal Annual Fundraising Strategy and Action Plan together with team.
- Regularly compile Nepal funding team quarterly overview of on-going projects and upcoming calls/ planned submissions, analysis of achievements, trends, challenges, Programme team as well as with other Nepal teams.
- Ensure close coordination for technical support with the GPDR Unit and participate in GPDR online meetings and contribute to the meeting proceedings, especially by sharing fund raising experience in Nepal.
- Represent/Participate in various strategic meetings, consultations and training related to fund raising external stakeholders, donors and GPDR HQ.
- Capacity building and training of partners to meet donor requirements relating to proposal development, donor contractual obligations and reporting.
- Ensure quality of reports to back donors together with GPDR-HQ, submit to GFU and ensure that reports are uploaded in the relevant intranet folders.
What you bring:
- Master’s degree in relevant field preferably in Economics, Agriculture, Natural Resources Management, Disaster Risk Reduction, Environmental Sciences, Development Studies, or any other relevant field.
- Minimum of seven years’ relevant working experience in development organisations with similar responsibilities and have demonstrated experience of writing winning proposals.
- Strong experience in project/programme design and writing.
- Proven analytical skills and the ability to think strategically in relation to donor landscaping in Nepal.
- Excellent coordination as well as interpersonal presentation skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English and are an advanced user of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Role model for diversity, inclusion and belongingness as well as for contributing to positive team spirit.
What we offer:
- A one-year renewable contract
- Learning and development opportunities
- An opportunity to make a difference and improve the lives of communities DCA is working with in Nepal
To apply please log into the below link:
Applications consisting of the below will only be considered:
- Cover Letter (max 1 page),
- CV (max 3 pages), and
- Answers provided to the online application questions
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for application will be Friday, 31 March 2023
Note: This is re-advertised position. If you have applied for this position in our previous advert, please avoid applying again.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, abilities or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for the vacancy.
DCA conducts an anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment with us. Everyone applying for a job with DCA must be ready to comply with our Staff Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment and our Child Safeguarding Policy.