Program Officer (Basic Education)
Detailed Job description / requirements:
World Education, which works with disadvantaged communities and vulnerable populations, seeks highly motivated and qualified candidates for the position of a Program Officer (Basic Education).
The Program Officer will work under the direct supervision of the Country Director. In addition, s/he will work in close collaboration with district, regional, and central level stakeholders. This will be a Kathmandu based position with frequent field visits.
Main Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to the Education Development Coordination Unit, Municipalities, and Partner NGOs (PNGOs), schools to manage and implement Early Grade Learning program activities;
- Coordinate with education units of the Municipalities and other stakeholders to manage, implement, and monitor Early Grade Learning program;
- Support to prepare assessment tools and revise training manuals, guidelines, learning materials and activities;
- Assist in designing, developing and testing Early Grade Reading and Math learning materials and special materials for inclusive education, mother-tongue instruction and multi-grade multi-level teaching and learning;
- Liaise with local-level government line agencies and other stakeholders to ensure smooth coordination;
- Support, facilitate and coach PNGOs to manage and deliver teacher training and parental engagement sessions including analysis of capacity needs of partner NGOs and proposed follow-up actions;
- Organize sharing of learning between partners and strengthen their capacities;
- Assist PNGOs to prepare work plans, reports, carry out EGRA/EGMA and manage information of program activities;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree (with a minimum of five years of experience) or Master’s Degree in the relevant subject (Education, Math, etc.);
- Minimum of three years of relevant work experience. Curriculum development experience an advantage;
- Creative and experienced in developing math teaching and curriculum;
- Knowledge in Early Grade Reading, Inclusive Education, and integrated learning is an asset;
- Extensive knowledge of the country’s education system, policies, and strategies;
- Extensive experience in training teachers and NGO partner staff on child-centered teaching-learning approaches and local curriculum development;
- Results-oriented team player with very good analytical skills and problem-solving attitude;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Nepali language;
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS) Office package;
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of implementing partners;
- Goal-oriented, independent, committed, innovative and motivated;
- Able and willing to learn and acquire new knowledge relevant to the function;
- Excellent social and interpersonal communication skills and team spirit.
Salary and Benefits will be based on the policy of the organization. Qualified and interested candidates are requested to submit their CV (maximum 3 pages) with two referees (current and immediate past line manager) along with covering letter and passport size photo to email@example.com or may post at the following address to reach the office latest by January 22, 2020 COB 5:00 pm.
The Senior Administrative & HR Officer
World Education, Inc
PO Box 937
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. The organization reserves the right to cancel or reject the application. Phone calls or any other inquiries will NOT be entertained and any type of solicitation will automatically disqualify the application.
(Women and candidates from disadvantaged/marginalized background are encouraged to apply)