Program Officer-Adult Entertainment Sector/Training and Curriculum
Detailed Job description / requirements:
World Education works with disadvantaged communities and vulnerable population and seeks staff for a new one year initiative working with children in the Adult Entertainment Sector. Highly motivated and qualified candidates for invited to apply for the two following Kathmandu based positions.
1/. Program Officer – Adult Entertainment Sector
- Support partner NGOs (PNGOs) in preparing plans and implementation strategies planning, preparing and implementing program activities and budget;
- Support the NGO partners in the documentation, case management and advocacy events;
- Monitor program activities and ensure smooth implementation on a timely basis, consistency, quality, and effectiveness;
- Liaise with district-level government line agencies and other Adult Entertainment Industry and child labour/CSEC stakeholders to ensure smooth coordination;
- Provide technical backstopping to PNGOs for training activities that need to be implemented at the district-level;
- Support in developing related guidelines and training materials;
- Prepare necessary reports, including trip reports, Annual and Final donor reports;
Qualification and Experiences
Bachelor’s Degree, with minimum five years’ work experience, or Master’s Degree in relevant subject (Education, Social Work, Human Rights, Gender Studies, etc.) with a minimum of three years of experience. Should be comfortable working with vulnerable populations in exploitative labour.
- Able to work as part of a team and help other members relevant to your project.
- Ability to prioritize and be able to take initiative; proactive and independent.
- Ability to write comprehensive reports and case studies on beneficiaries in vocational education and receiving reintegration services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Nepali language;
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS) office package.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate ability to train and build capacity of implementing partners.
- Past experience implementing and/or supporting development projects focused on girl in commercial sexual exploitation or young trafficking victims considered an advantage;
2/. Program Officer – Training and Curriculum
- Adapt existing curriculum to Nepal context for Adult Entertainment Sector and oversee piloting.
- Ensure that curriculum units are designed with clear objectives and activities that help learners meet those objectives.
- Provide technical training for facilitators and partner NGO staff.
- Set learning objectives for education and training, in collaboration with the Project Manager and Technical Advisor.
- Design and/or revise pre- post-testing materials and other assessment and participate in the assessment of trainees to ensure training fidelity.
- Support and provide inputs to ensure that appropriate data is collected regularly in order to assess learning outcomes throughout the project.
- Provide input for technical/narrative reports, as necessary.
Qualification and experience
Bachelor’s Degree with minimum five years’ work experience, or Master’s Degree in relevant subject area (preferably Education) with at least three years of experience in the field of training and curriculum design. Candidates with prior experience developing and revising non-formal education curricula for both children and adults will be at an advantage.
- Excellent training and facilitation skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Nepali languages;
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office Suite) and ability to generate graphs and other data visualization tools;
- Knowledge of Vocational Education;
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Ability to prioritize and be able to take initiative; proactive and independent work ethic;
- Demonstrate ability to train and build capacity of implementing partners;
- Able to work in a team and help other members with activities relevant to your project/area of focus.
Salary and Benefits will be based on the policy of the organization. Qualified and interested candidates are requested to submit their CV ( maximum 3 pages) with two referees (current and immediate past line manager) along with covering letter and passport size photo to firstname.lastname@example.org at latest by September 26, 2021COB 5:00 pm. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. The organization reserves the right to cancel or reject the application. Phone calls or any other enquiries will NOT be entertained and any type of solicitation will automatically disqualify the application.
(Women and candidates from disadvantaged/marginalized background are encouraged to apply)