Detailed Job description / requirements:
Tarangini Mahila Adhikar Prashikshyan Kendra (Tarangini Foundation), established in 2017, is a non-profitable organization working on an initiative for integrated security and feminist documentation. The Sanskrit word 'Tarangini' means ‘Tranquility’ in English. This term is chosen for the institute because it better represents the harmonious relationship among the women who have been engaging in the feminist movement of Nepal since long. 'Tarangini Foundation is established to documentthe knowledge generated by feminist since long to make women’s invisible work and struggle visible, feminist mentorship to bridge intergenerational gap within women’s movement , self-care skill building workshops , need based support and create solidarity support to minimize the risk of burnout of feminist working for social justice. To take her activities forward by reaching to as many as feminist as possible Tarangini Foundation invitesqualified candidates for the following positions:
Program Officer - One
Location: Kathmandu with frequent visit to program areas
Qualification/Experience: The candidate should have a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or preferably Master’s Degree in Social Sciences or related field with 2-5 years of working experience in the field of women’s rights sector. Candidate should adore feminist values and principles.
- Take the initiative to guide and work with program team members.
- Develop, plan, and design program including implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the program activities.
- Coordinate and build the linkages with government ministries and offices, likeminded organizations and other stakeholders
- Organize or coordinate and provide support for events, conference and seminars of Tarangini Foundation.
- Develop concept note, design workshops and interaction programs by coordinating with WHRDs, national, district and municipality level stakeholders.
- Prepare IEC material for training and workshop organized by Tarangini Foundation.
- Prepare program proposals raise funds and prepare periodic and annual reports.
- Maintain proper documentation of stories and journey of WHRDs and EWRs (Elected Women Representatives).
- Manage the information system of programs and other activities of Tarangini Foundation.
- Provide support to team members, interns and consultants in the field to accomplish their assignments.
- Uphold and promote principles and values of Tarangini Foundation.
- Carry out work as per the need of the organization.
Skill and Competencies:
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Have willingness to work in remotes areas.
- Good communication and writing skill in both Nepali and English.
- Must be sensitive towards gender and diversity.
Interested candidates who meet these criteria should send their applications along with their CV and a covering letter to: email@example.com by 12th July, 2019. For more information visit our website at www.tarangini.org.np
Note: Women are highly encouraged to apply for the positions. Only the short listed candidates will be called for an interview. No telephone calls will be entertained.