Recovering Nepal,a national network of people who use drugs and drug service organization.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Recovering Nepal (RN) is a community of amazing and diverse group of individuals, organizations and thematic networks. Formally, as an overarching umbrella organization, it is the National Federation of people who have had history of drug use and drug service organizations dedicated to resolving problem drug use in Nepal. Recovering Nepal originally began its work as an improvised support group, organically out of sheer necessity, in 2001 by individuals and activists living with HIV/TB and coming and/or from a drug user background in order to address the need for treatment, care and support and activism to advocate for access to medicines for both HIV and Drug Use.
Recovering Nepal works to reform policies and bring about positive social change in society such as ending stigma & discrimination, reforming laws and policies and building the capacity and providing technical assistance to KAPs communities while advocating for increased access to affordable, quality and comprehensive healthcare and medical support services related to HIV such as harm reduction, drug treatment, ARV/TB therapy, HIV testing, psychosocial counselling and life skills enhancement for KAPs. Currently, Recovering Nepal (RN) also acts as one of the lead national networks playing a facilitating role amongst the KAPS community networks in Nepal, and also as a lead advocacy organization that mobilizes, manages and engages the relevant thematic expertise of each network wherever and whenever relevant.
We are looking for an experienced Manager to be the Program Manager of our organization. This person will be responsible to oversee the overall management operation and support human resources for effective and efficient work environment. The Program Manager will coordinate and communicate with partners, build network for relationship maintenance, provide strategic management for the organization.
Position Title: Program Manager
Contract period: One year—full time (Initial 3 months will be probation period)
Working Hours: 10 AM – 5 PM (Monday to Friday)
- Lead a team of 5-10 members
- Hold meetings with 7 provincial focal-persons members for updates and information dissemination; able to motivate team members and work along with them to ensure best output
- Maintain and build relationship with consultants, and partners
- Strategize and plan the mission and vision of the organization; provide managerial role for the organization and its team members
- Strengthen the organization policy for smooth operation
- Ensure a conducive environment is created and available for the team members for effective results
- Facilitate training to participants or other internal team members
- Able to motivate and engage the available team members
- Ability to identify problems in the organization and provide immediately solution with effective implementation for future
- Responsible for overseeing the financial/budgeting plan of the organization and projects by working closely with the Admin and Finance personnel
- Excellent oral communication skills in Nepali and English
- Master’s Degree with 5-6 years or more experience in Non-Governmental Organizations.
- Strong business intelligence, team motivation, strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Knowledge of research sector an added advantage
- Excellent leadership skills
- Passionately work for the organizations value and mission
- Able to supervise the team members
Interested Nepali applicants are requested to submit an Application Letter an updated CV through email: email@example.com , Date 20th January, 2022 , 5 pm, with the subject by clearly specifying position (Program Manager).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further process. Recovering Nepal reserves the right to reject any or all applicants. Telephone inquiries will not be entertained