Program Coordinator (PC)
Community Family Welfare Association (CFWA) was established in 1996 AD (BS 2053) in Nagarayan Municipality ward no 7, Deodiha, Dhanusha district Nepal. Initially, it was established as a community based organization (CBO) with technical and managerial support of family planning Association of Nepal under its long-term sustainable plan to continue family planning services at the community level. Later on, it was registered at the District administrative office as non-government and non- profit making organization in 27 June 1997 (13 Ashar 2053 BS) in Dhanusha district. Now CFWA has two field offices in Mahottari and Dhanusha districts working in Education, Health, Child Poverty, Child Protection, Gender and Social Inclusion and Social Protection.CFWA is a leading organization of the Madhesh Province and it has aimed to be well known civil society organization in the Nepal.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Title of the Post
Program Coordinator (PC)
Location of the Post
Position to be supervised
Entire Sponsorship Program staff of CFWA
Chairperson and Funding donor
Mahottari (Office and Impact Areas)
Summary of Job:
The Program Coordinator (PC) is a prime representative of the Sponsorship Program in CFWA and is responsible for managing overall sponsorship programming that includes MNH, ECCD, BE, SHN, AD, Livelihood, community mobilization, and administration of the Sponsorship Program under the direct supervision of the Chairperson. He will be accountable for extending the coordination with stakeholders, govt. line agencies and I/NGOs to create a favorable environment to achieve the vision, mission, and goal of the organization.
The PC bears lead responsibility and accountability for effective community mobilization, organizational development, and institutionalization of synergy amongst core and non-core programs and its periodic reporting and documentation.
The PC is 100% accountable and responsible for program management, implementation tracking, coordination, linkage, and reporting. S/he will manage his/her 70% of the time for coordination, linkage, and reporting at the program level and another 30% of the time will be used to support visits, and monitoring as well.
Reports to: Chairperson and Partnership Management focal person of Save the Children, Field office.
- Portfolio Management (portfolio Projects, reports, risks, problem-solving, conflict, team, governance) 40%
- Solid Projects Quality and Technical Management (MEAL data/information, technical projects, project models, integration of sectors including sponsorship/cross-cutting themes-CP, GESI, DRR) -20%
- Community empowerment and engagements at a different level for sustainability -15%
- Evidence of Programs Impact or Result collection/compilation to be shared at/for wider platform-15%
- Strong Relationship and Partnership Management (internal and external) -10%
1. Program Design and Implementation:
- Guide/support the subordinates for annual program design, planning, and budgeting.
- Guide/support the staff for quality program implementation by collaborating and coordinating with stakeholders, Govt. line agencies, and I/NGOs.
- Assist the team to ensure effective community mobilization and maintaining better synergy amongst core and non-core programs.
- Encourage and assist subordinates in exploring and identifying the best practices as well as new approaches to program delivery that can contribute to program scaling up and extension.
- Ensure the quality of program implementation by organizing support visits and joint monitoring on a regular basis.
- Assist the staff members to prepare the work plan of the program to be implemented for timely accomplishment and to achieve the desired targets.
- Ensure the mobilization of available resources to the extent of benefiting sponsored and other children of the impact area and the community as a whole.
- Conduct regular staff meetings to resolve programmatic and administrative issues.
- Encourage and provide guidance to the subordinates for documentation of achievements.
- Ensure reporting of progress and achievements to the related organization on a quarterly, semi-annually and annual basis in the given deadline.
- Ensure inter-sectoral coordination of subordinates to create an environment for serving the significant benefits to the sponsored and other children of the impact areas by all core programs.
- Assess the need of staff and executive board members for their professional development.
- Ensure the staff safety & security during on-duty and keep updated on all the policies and principles at all times of project implementation and management.
- Act as a Security Focal Person and/or shift the delegation in the team.
2. Administrative Management:
- Monitor and control the planned budget versus expenditure and ensure its proper documentation for effective and efficient financial management.
- Ensure timely financial reporting to the executive board and donor organization.
- Guide the subordinates for better store management and monitor the documentation of all kinds of procurement.
- Perform physical verification of goods and assets once a year.
- Ensure timely logistic support to the program.
- Suggest or recommend the Executive Board update the existing policies for incorporation of the best practices.
- Support HR department on performance evaluation and capacity sharing of staff as per need.
- Supervise and provide guidance to program and administrative staff members for their better performance and submit annual performance evaluations of them to Executive Board.
- Ensure the adherence to policy and procedure of the organization by each and every staff of the organization.
3. Child and adult safeguarding and sponsorship business
- Ensure that all Program staffs understand and respect the Child Safeguarding and Child Protection Policies.
- Report the safeguarding cases and protection concerns to the CFWA’s safeguarding focal person and SCI EFO safeguarding focal point in line with the CFWA &Save the Children’s Safeguarding Policy.
- Ensure the risk mitigation plan is developed and implemented in each activity where applicable.
- Ensure the Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct is visible and oriented at all activity locations.
- Ensure that all staff members in the program team are feeling comfortable in the job and team and inform the chairperson if the employees face particular challenges or have specific needs.
- The job responsibilities as explained above are not exhaustive and the position holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience for the goodwill of the organization.
- Adopt and demonstrate the ‘Do No Harm’ Policy in each and every step of your assignments
- Provide regular advice to Executive Board for the programmatic and administrative decision-making process for the betterment of the organization as a whole and execute the board's decision properly in time.
- Work as a catalyst between Executive Board and staff members.
- Explore and encourage staff members for fundraising or arrange matching funds from other organizations and I/NGOs.
Academic Qualification and Experience:
- Master’s degree in the relevant field, management, social science of business studies preferred with a minimum of 2 years of work experience in managing multiple projects with a diverse team, or
- Bachelor’s Degree in the given sector, management, social science, or business studies with minimum 3 years of working experience in managing multiple projects with a diverse team.
- Proven ability to manage risks and promote governance to contribute to strategic outcomes.
- Experience working with children and their well-being in both development or emergency contexts.
Other Attributes for all positions: Excellent quality of work and commitment to high standards, strong communication skills, team building, willingness and motivation for good service delivery with strong networking and interpersonal skills, and comfortable working under stress and emergencies.
Age Limit: Candidates between 18 years to 50 years are only eligible to apply for the above position, depending upon the nature of the job they will carry.
All employees must adhere to safeguarding in person’s provisions covered in the project agreement.
Ensure obedience to CFWA’s policies and internal procedures, protocols, and CFWA’s code of Conduct with special attention to Safeguarding-Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA), Standards and Procedure. As well as, immediate reporting and response of any complaints and issues based on their severity.
Competent candidates from disadvantaged groups and inhabitants of the project districts will be given priority.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application along with an updated CV as well as two references to till 14th October 2022, via email at email@example.com or hard copy at 5:00 PM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for participation in the recruitment process. No telephone inquiry is entertained.
CFWA reserves the right to qualify/disqualify any applications without any reason. Thank you.
|Category||Development / NGO, Development / INGO|
|Position Type||Full Time|
|Position Level||Senior Level|
|Education||B. Sc. (Bachelors in Science), B. Com./BBS, B. Ed. (Education), B. Lib. (Library Science), M.S.W. (Masters in Social Work), B.A. in Sociology, Master’s degree in development studies, Bachelor in Social studies|
|Posted Date||30 Sep, 2022|
|Apply Before||14 Oct, 2022|