Social Empowerment and Building Accessibility Center, (SEBAC Nepal) is a non-governmental, non-partisan, non-profit, community based national level development organization sprouted out from Achham district of Nepal in 1997 AD (2054 BS). It has now come out as a pioneer organization amplifying the voices of deprived, excluded and marginalized people of remote, backward, & underdeveloped region. So far, it is able to serve about 3 million people residing 1188 VDCs & 15 Municipality of 23 districts with different projects/programs, from all five development regions. The organization has been working so far with 21, 914 CBOs, 219 network groups and 6 local NGOs operating ongoing programs performed in partnership with 15 I/NGOs, 3 UN Agencies, 3 bilateral agencies, 9 government agencies along with a number of DDCs, municipalities and VDCs. Currently, it has total of 383 staff team, out of which, 79 are from agricultural academic background. District Coverage Currently, we are working in 23 district of the country. This includes one district from Eastern Development Region, two from Central Development Region, one from Western Development Region, ten from Mid-Western Development region and nine from Far-western Development Region.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
SEBAC-Nepal is a national level NGO. It is working in 31 districts of Nepal in different program areas. SEBAC-Nepal hereby invites applications for the below mentioned positions from interested Nepalese citizens who are committed and having an ability to deliver results for USAID supported Safaa Paani project. The project is designed with the goal of contributing for well-being of the rural communities of Sindhupalchowk and Dolakha districts through improved water, sanitation and hygiene practices.
Job title: Program Coordinator
Contract type: Fixed Term Project (till November 2020)
Duty Station: Kathmandu with frequent travel to field (at least 40% Field)
Project: Safaa Paani
No of Position: 1
Main roles for this position:
The Program Coordinator (PC) will work in close coordination with the Chief of Party (CoP) in the management of the project. S/he will be in charge of providing managerial leadership including technical oversight, overseeing monitoring and evaluation (M&E) functions, and administration. S/he oversees coordination of field operations, provide support in the management of sub-grantees, and ensure that activities as per the approved program documents are performed.
Main responsibilities of the job:
- Provide support for high quality delivery of the project: field operations, administration, logistics and procurement.
- Manages, in coordination with the COP, relationships with local partner organizations.
- Provide orientation to project staff about organizational policies and plans related to sexual harassment, child protection rights and environmental related issues to technical teams.
- Oversees in coordination with the development of project reports, annual work plans, and other documents as required by USAID.
- Facilitates knowledge management, communications and information flow for the project.
- Provide necessary support and advice for the implementation of Safaa Paani project field inspection and verification and report to CoP.
- Support project staff at district level.
- Support district team to facilitate and coordinate training, seminar and workshop at district level.
- Maintain a working knowledge of project budgets and expenditure in coordination with FPM.
- Review, analyze and if needed prepare and rewrite the semiannual and annual reports submitted by DPMs.
- Ensures compliance in reporting to USAID.
- Perform any others tasks as deemed necessary by the Safaa Paani project.
- Master’s degree in social sciences with at least 10 years of work experience including 5 years' experience in WASH sector.
- Previous experience in I/NGOs will be an asset.
- Demonstrated flexibility and openness in responding to work priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work in teams and create a collaborative team-building environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including technical writing and editing skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Fluency in English and Nepali languages (reading, writing and speaking).
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites to inspect construction renovation activities.
- Very good computer skills, including the use of MS Office, MS Outlook and MS PowerPoint.
NOTE: Interested applicants meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application letter with clearly stating the applied post and updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) to the email address stated below. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further process. No telephone inquiries will be entertained, canvassing at any stage of the selection process shall lead to automatic disqualification.
The deadline to apply for the above position/s is 17:00hrs, 26 February 2020
Application should be submitted to: