BlinkNow Foundation - A world where every child is educated, safe, and loved. The BlinkNow Foundation is a 501(c)(3) based in New Jersey which, through its country office in Nepal, oversees programs in rural Nepal including a school, a children’s home, and a women’s training center. We do this with our local implementing partner, Kopila Valley Sewa Samaj (KVSS), and through close ties with the local community. The two organizations work in partnership, with BlinkNow serving as the International Non-Governmental Organization (INGO) whose primary role is to provide funding and oversight, and Kopila Valley Sewa Samaj serving as the local Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) whose job is to implement programs. Our mission is to change the world by empowering Nepal’s children. Every day we strive to create a sustainable organization working to educate all of Kopila’s children until they are ready to enter the world as happy, skilled, confident, self-sufficient adults. We believe we can serve as a model for quality education in Nepal. We strive to provide our children with the skills required to enter the world as global citizens, and ambassadors for change.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Position Summary: The Partnerships Manager is a senior position and will be responsible for managing in-country and regional partnerships and serving as the focal person for the organization’s impact scale. Working closely with the Country Representative, this role will ensure the engagement with the ongoing and potential partners in Nepal and advancing of the organization’s scaling initiatives. This position will also be responsible for strengthening the organization’s reputation and legacy as a strong, sustainable organization providing world-class educational programs for the future leaders of Nepal in collaboration with the implementing partner Kopila Valley Sewa Samaj.
The Main Responsibilities
- Build and manage partnerships.
- Function as the focal person for the organization’s focus of ‘inspiring others.
- Promote BlinkNow within the country and the region for building its reputation and supporting its growth.
Detailed Responsibilities :
1. Build and manage partnerships. (40)
- Work closely with the Country representative to plan, and implement efficient partnerships approach building toward sustainability.
- Create a strong network of like-minded partners from a broad range of disciplines with the goal of supporting one another, sharing information, and encouraging improvement.
- Look to partner with K-12 schools, colleges, universities, women's empowerment organizations, health and wellness organizations, and organizations working in the area of sustainability, child advocacy, and family development, to exchange partnerships for learning, sharing ideas, and leveraging expertise.
- Manage partnerships with SWC including timely approval, amendment, and renewal of General Agreement, Project Agreement, CPAC meetings, and reporting.
- Identify new revenue sources, continuously build a network of influencers to generate additional support for the organization, and support in writing grants, providing updates, organizing meetings, and reporting.
2. Function as the focal person for the organization’s focus of ‘inspiring others.’ (40)
- Support the process of building a best-practices model and mentor other schools and NGOs, especially in their beginning stages.
- Identify mentee organizations and help identify the best staff person to lead the mentorship effort based on the needs of the organization and build a feedback system.
- Pursue more broadcast opportunities for BlinkNow to share the BlinkNow story with more people at one time.
- Identify potential opportunities for scaling BlinkNow’s impact within and outside the country.
- Support in creating BlinkNow’s model blueprint for scaling the impact.
3. Promote BlinkNow within the country and the region for building its reputation and supporting its growth. (20)
- Use social media to promote the organization.
- Build and manage the database of all existing and potential partners in Nepal and South Asia and secure partners who help to spread the BlinkNow story.
- Get actively involved in organizing promotional events for scaling BlinkNow’s impact and other events with the stakeholders.
- Support in any other fund-generating activities, and Kathmandu-based administrative activities.
- Support the new audiences through BlinkNow staff speaking engagements and events to share our story and inspire others to change the world in their own way.
- Build positive working relationships and environment in the organization by bringing solutions to the discussion table.
- Demonstrate professionalism in all interactions and execution of duties including ensuring confidentiality as per the organization’s protocols.
- Report to the manager on a weekly basis, and as needed in case of urgent activities.
- Build and maintain a strong relationship with the leadership team of KVSS and BlinkNow Foundation to ensure the continued success of our joint projects.
- Attend weekly staff meetings, and share operational updates.
- The above list of responsibilities is not comprehensive, and the Operations Partnerships Manager may be required to take on additional responsibilities, as determined by his/her Manager.