Nutrition and Health Officer
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Established in 1996, Nepali Technical Assistance Group (NTAG) is a national non-government and non-profit public health organization dedicated to improve the health and nutritional status of women and children of Nepal through sustainable development changes. NTAG is partner to SUAAHARA-II project and seeks to recruit Nutrition and Health Officer.
Number of Position: 1
- Provide technical support to partner NGO to plan and implement community level nutrition and health activities;
- Ensure quality implementation of integrated nutrition and health activities at health facility, local and district level as per the approved work plan, guidelines and standards;
- Work closely with Health Offices, Municipal Health Unit, Health Facilities and FCHVs to provide technical backstopping during implementation of Red Book and local level activities;
- Analyze HMIS and SPII ‘s monitoring data on regular basis and prioritize activities and plan technical support visits accordingly;
- Carry out field visits to health facilities, HFOMCs, HMGs, PHC-ORCs and meet regularly with FCHVs and GESI Champions to ensure quality service delivery and encourage for utilization of nutrition and health services;
- Support government’s efforts and activities to response COVID-19 pandemic and any other emergency situations.
- Work jointly with Health Office, Provincial Health Directorate, municipalities, health facilities, partner NGO and other stakeholders in the district for planning and implementation of integrated nutrition and health activities;
- Coordinate with Provincial Logistic Management Center, Health Office and Municipalities to ensure regular supply of essential logistics and key commodities;
- Provide technical guidance to Field Coordinator (FC), Municipality Nutrition Facilitators (MNFs) and Community Nutrition Facilitators (CNFs) through regular mentoring and coaching.
Knowledge and skills required:
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in health and nutrition from any recognized university;
- At least 3 years’ experience preferable in health and nutrition projects; and
- Experience in working with district line agencies and local governments.
Preference will be given to those:
- who have worked in similar projects like SABAL, PAHAL, Suaahara
- having two-wheeler driving license
NTAG is an equal opportunity employer and women and marginalized populations are encouraged to apply.
- Please apply with your recent bio-data at this email address: email@example.com and the subject box in the email should indicate the title of the post that you have applied for.
- Please also fill up the personal details form from this link: https://forms.gle/5tD9PX4d92XVmnqD7
The e-application should reach to us by 1700 hours, Nov 7, 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.