NATIONAL COORDINATOR, NEPAL
Detailed Job description / requirements:
NATIONAL COORDINATOR, NEPAL
Clean Air Asia works towards achieving better air quality and livable cities by translating knowledge to policies and actions that reduce air pollution and greenhouse emissions from transport, energy, and other sectors. Clean Air Asia was established as the leading air quality management network for Asia by the Asian Development Bank, World Bank and USAID in 2001, and operates since 2007 as an independent non-profit organization. Clean Air Asia has offices in Manila, Beijing and Delhi, networks in several Asian countries and is a United Nations-recognized partnership of more than 250 organizations in Asia and worldwide.
We are currently recruiting for a National Coordinator based in Kathmandu, Nepal. A self-motivated and independent individual with a technically-sound knowledge in sustainable transportation and air quality management, demonstrated skills in stakeholder engagement, oral and written communication, and research, and with experience in project management would be an ideal candidate.
II. JOB PURPOSE
The National Coordinator will provide leadership in the management, development and implementation of activities and projects of Clean Air Asia in Nepal focusing on sustainable transportation. The National Coordinator will be responsible for providing the managerial and technical guidance to meet the objectives of the organization’s programs and ensure the timely delivery of project outputs in close consultation with the network of relationships that the National Coordinator is to establish within the country. The National Coordinator will also provide technical and administrative support where necessary to carry out program and project activities in the country.
III. RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE OF WORK
Under the direct supervision of the Sustainable Transport Program Coordinator, the primary duties include:
1. Country Program Planning and Development
- Lead in keeping track of relevant updates, emerging trends and developments in sustainable transport and air quality management in the country. This includes keeping abreast on the latest policy developments and having a clear vision and direction on what is needed in the country for better air quality management and sustainable transport.
- Be the lead person in the organization with in-depth and most updated knowledge on the air quality and climate change and sustainable transport in the country.
2. Country Project Management, Implementation and Coordination
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to effectively plan, implement, and evaluate the project activities in the country. This includes preparing, reviewing, and disseminating reports as well as guidance on the suitable approaches.
- Lead staff in planning and implementing project activities in the country including research and analysis, preparation of reports, meeting proceedings, presentations, organizing of workshops, conferences and events.
- Develop and maintain strong professional relationships with key Clean Air Asia partners and stakeholders in the country including those in government, private sector and civil society organizations.
- Represent Clean Air Asia in selected, approved meetings or conferences and effectively communicate Clean Air Asia’s position on policy issues in the country.
- Deliver other tasks assigned by Sustainable Transport Program Coordinator as well as the Deputy Executive Director.
IV. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND CRITERIA
- Master’s degree in environmental management, environmental science, engineering, economics, atmospheric science, or any related discipline.
- Should be based in Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills in native language and in English.
- At least 5 years of experience working on environmental issues in the country
- Capable of representing Clean Air Asia at high-level meetings and workshops
- Experience in project management and stakeholder coordination
- Strong interest and demonstrated capacity in research, data collection and analysis
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and as part of multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team
V. DURATION, REMUNERATION and OTHER BENEFITS
The selected candidate will be appointed from August 2022 until December 2023 under an intermittent and lumpsum contract. Clean Air Asia also provides opportunities for travel domestically and internationally.
All applicants must clearly state in their cover letter how they meet the job specification above, as well as contact details of three referees.
We encourage early applications as applications will be processed as they arrive so the recruiting process may end earlier than closing date. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.