Monitoring and Documentation Officer (Humanitarian Response)
CBM Global works alongside people with disabilities in the world’s poorest places to fight poverty and exclusion and transform lives. Drawing on over 100 years’ experience, we work with the most marginalised in society to break the cycle of poverty and disability and build inclusive communities where everyone can enjoy their human rights and fulfil their full potential. CBM initiated its work in Nepal since 1982 and supports a diverse mix of national partners engaged in Inclusive Eye and Ear Care, Rehabilitation, Education, and Social Inclusion of persons with disabilities.
Details / requirements:
CBM Global Nepal Country Office is looking for a Monitoring and Documentation Officer for humanitarian response.
CBM Global, in partnership with HRDC, CMC, NFDN and INF, has initiated humanitarian response in the areas affected by the November 3rd Earthquake, with the focus on meeting basic needs of the population, their rehabilitation, psychosocial first aid/mental health & psychosocial support, and inclusion of persons with disabilities in overall humanitarian response. The Monitoring and Documentation Officer is responsible to ensure that the response activities and recovery efforts (envisioned in the later phase) are well-coordinated among the partners, implemented in a timely and inclusion manner, and that the lessons learnt and good practices are well-documented.
1. Scope of Work:
Project Monitoring and Evaluation
- Monitor and report on the overall MEAL framework encompassing each of the subcomponents of the project: (a) basic needs, (b) rehabilitation, (c) PFA/MHPSS and (d) disability inclusion.
- Monitor implementation & distribution ensuring inclusion in the activities conducted. Oversee reporting process.
- Lead baseline, midline and endline evaluations, and any other data collection described in the project MEAL plan.
- Ensure that the project indicators (quantitative and qualitative) are tracked and achieved.
- Collect and compile SAD data of project beneficiaries.
- Provide required support to the real time evaluation team.
Documentation and Reporting
- Collect information for documentation of lessons learnt and case studies.
- Collect photos and human-interest stories to support fundraising and reporting.
- Collect and review of project reports from partners. Guide partners on reporting framework.
Accountability to Affected Populations
- Support partners with the development and implementation of inclusive and accessible beneficiary feedback and reporting mechanism, including visibility and information sharing.
- Receive feedback and facilitate timely response to the beneficiaries and community level stakeholders. Maintain feedback log with required details.
- Support CO and partners on setting up appropriate complaint handling mechanism.
- Oversee coordination among partners to ensure coherent implementation.
- Maintain proper coordination at district level for efficient implementation with other stakeholders.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance to all aspects of the CBM Global Safeguarding and Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, abuse and harassment policies and associated standards and procedures.
Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Line Manager.
2. Contract, Timeframe and Duty station
The Monitoring and Documentation Officer will be under the consultancy contract. This position will be based in Surkhet or Jajarkot with frequent visit to the project municipalities and is envisioned for tentatively six (6) months.
3. Reporting line
This position will report to the Humanitarian Coordinator of CBM Global NCO. S/he is expected to work closely with the partners and may be required to liaise with CBM Global representatives.
4. Required Expertise
Qualifications and Knowledge
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree or equivalent in development studies, social sciences or relevant fields.
- Strong grasp of all stages of response cycle management and quality standards in humanitarian programming, safeguarding and accountability.
- Knowledge and experience of data management, information analysis methodologies and techniques.
- Familiarity with protection issues, gender, and disability inclusion.
- At least 3 years of demonstrated experience in development and roll-out of MEAL frameworks for multi-sector programming, preferably in humanitarian settings in Nepal. Experience in conducting or facilitating participatory monitoring, evaluation and learning initiatives.
- Experience in setting up of community feedback and reporting mechanisms.
- Demonstrated experience in documentation of good practices and lessons learned, developing human interest/impact stories, producing policy briefs and any other related materials.
- Experience of documenting gender and/or disability inclusive humanitarian and development programs preferred.
- Pro-active with the ability to make sound judgment.
- Excellent communication skills, including fluent spoken and written English and Nepali.
- Strong analytical abilities, particularly in the areas of learning and capacity development.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner.
- A team player, who can work well in a multi-cultural environment, communicates readily and shares learning with colleagues, partners, primary change agents and others.
- Ability to produce quality work in tight deadlines and with minimum supervision.
- Flexible & result oriented with the ability to deliver timely and appropriate results using available resources).
- Demonstrated accountability to partners and affected people.
5. Application Procedure
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application to the following email ID: email@example.com
The application should include the following documents:
- A cover letter (1-page max.) clearly demonstrating (i) the motivation for applying for this role, (ii) experience of carrying out similar assignments, (iii) expected monthly remuneration, and (iv) earliest available date to start the assignment.
- Curriculum Vitae clearly presenting the experience relevant for the requirements of this assignment.
- Contact details of minimum three referees.
- Copies of PAN/VAT registration and citizenship certificate.
The candidates will be assessed on a rolling basis; the vacancy will be closed once the appropriate candidate is identified.
In case of any queries/confusion, please write to the above-mentioned email ID.
CBM Global welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds. Persons with disability, women and candidates from marginalized groups are encouraged to apply. We offer reasonable accommodation during the selection process and upon employment.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Telephone inquiries will not be entertained.