Detailed Job description / requirements:
PROJECT: Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Nepal
General Summary and Background
The purpose of the Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC) – Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) project is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of USG-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, GHSC-PSM will develop and manage a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain.
At the country level, GHSC-PSM supports country strategies and priorities that fall under the following three project objectives:
- Global Commodity Procurement and Logistics
- Systems Strengthening Technical Assistance
- Global Collaboration to Improve Long-Term Availability of Health Commodities
The purpose of MIS Specialist is to support work closely with the MIS team and government of Nepal counterparts to support the eLMIS system in development/enhancements that supports implementation of supply chain best practices, coordination with counterparts to improve data collection activities and data utilization for decision making, support data collection and in support of M&E plan and support on operational research, sector assessments and evaluations, and the organization of national and provincial workshops and trainings. Work closely with other team members to ensure effective eLMIS utilization at all levels of the supply.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Day-to-day project liaison with Management Division (Department of Health Services) and various implementation sites at Centrals, Provinces, Districts, LLGs and SDP’s
- Review and ensure SC best practices are incorporated in eLMIS at all levels of supply chain in Nepal.
- Work closely with MD on review of Change Requests and their implementation
- Work closely with eLMIS sites at all levels to ensure system utilization and effective operationalizations.
- Work closely with HSS team, M&E Team and data analyst to analyze data based on set KPIs to improve supply chain performance
- Engage with relevant MD divisions, provinces, districts, LLGs and SDPs to improve system utilization
- Support efforts to enhance supply chain efficiency and data visibility at various levels
- Provide capacity building in eLMIS use and data utilization
- Define and document business cases to rationalize project-supported strategic interventions
- Impart best practices and lessons learnt on managing LMISs and supply chain automation
- Collaborate with stakeholders and the global GHSC-PSM project to review, validate and establish best supply chain practice and their subsequent automation
- Work closely with MIS team on the introduction and implementation of supply chain innovations
- Participate in implementation of recommended actions as a result of data analysis
- Identify business processes that could be optimized with technology
- Transform business needs into clearly articulated requirements
- Work closely with rest of the team to document and implement best practices
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Advanced degree in health-related field, public health, supply chain management, Pharmacy degree or ICT with strong knowledge on supply chain management is preferred.
- Strong knowledge on health commodity supply chain key functional areas and Supply Chain best practices
- Knowledge of logistics management information system (LMIS) in public health supply chain management
- Knowledge of supply chain system design and LMIS or eLMIS implementation is strongly desired.
- More than 5 years’ experience in LMIS data collection, Reporting, compilation, data analysis and data utilization is required
- Previous experience in public health commodity management is desirable
- Significant experience in capacity building: conducting Training workshop and supportive supervision
- Able to take direction and collaborate with other project teams and stakeholders
- Experience in conducting assessments, developing key recommendations and interventions.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite Applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with USAID-funded health commodity supply chain programs is an added advantage
- Proficient writing skills, data analysis and presentation skills; excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills in English and Nepali languages and proven public relations skills
- This is a local position for Nepali
Level of Effort and Location
This long-term position will be based in Katmandu, Nepal, with intermittent travel throughout the country and international when necessary
The MIS specialist will report to the MIS Manager.
Applications Instruction: Applicants are requested to send their CV and Cover letter at PSMNepalRecruitment@ghsc-psm.org, Deadlines for the application is Tuesday, January 19, 2021. No telephone calls are entertained.