Market Systems Specialist [Dhangadhi]
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Terms of Reference
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking an experienced professional to support the Cereal Systems Initiative for South Asia (www.csisa.org) project funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and the US Agency for International Development. CSISA is CIMMYT’s flagship for sustainable intensification in South Asia and incorporates programming across the innovation to impact continuum in Nepal, Bangladesh, and selected states in India.
Position Title: Market Systems Specialist
Reference No: N21152
Duty station: Field-based (Dhangadhi)
Major duties and responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership for design and implementation of activities using a market systems development approach.
- Build capacity of technical and other project staff, partners, and stakeholders to foster market system upgrading.
- Implement diagnostics and assessments to evaluate market opportunities, identify partners, and design project partnerships and activities.
- Support efficient and accurate data collection and analysis.
- Provide thought advice for the project implementing area private sector businesses, and other stakeholders in improving the market system.
- Work closely with the field team to strategize and implement activities aligned with the annual and life of project targets.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Advanced university degree in marketing, economics, socio-economic development, development planning, financial management or other related fields.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in livelihood study, value chain study, market study, policy review and development research, financial inclusion and credits, digital tools or similar
- Demonstrated outcomes and involvement in market systems-oriented development projects.
- Strong understanding of national agricultural research systems opportunities and constraints.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated ability to write, publish, and disseminate technical reports, success stories, and promotional materials.
- Knowledge of USAID programs and procedures, with emphasis on monitoring and evaluation procedures.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary, multi-institutional, and multi-cultural environment.
- Interpersonal skills:
- Frequent contact with people other than immediate colleagues and with external entities.
- Ability to communicate and relate effectively, internally and externally is important.
- Purpose is to share information, and secure the cooperation and commitment of individuals, large project teams, or external institutions.
- Information Technology needed: Proficiency to use standard software at an advanced level; may include some use of database or research applications; knowledge of common ICTs and their use in agricultural extension systems.
Candidates must send their CV and cover letter to Recruit-Nepal@cgiar.org no later than January 23, 2022.
Please include position and reference number in the subject of your email.
Incomplete applications (without CV and cover letter, and without reference in the subject email) will not be taken into consideration.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.