M&E and Communications Coordinator
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world. DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner. DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
SCOPE OF WORK
USAID KARNALI WATER ACTIVITY
|POSITION||M&E and Communications Coordinator|
|MAXIMUM LEVEL OF EFFORT||LTTA|
|BASE OF OPERATIONS||4 positions total, 1 in each watershed (Rara, Tila, Lower Karnali, and Middle Karnali)|
|POSITION REPORTS TO||MEL Manager|
The USAID/Nepal Karnali Water Activity will create healthy, resilient, and water secure communities at the watershed level through strengthened water and sanitation governance that improves water resource management (including water for more resilient and biodiverse ecosystems), enhances sustainable access to drinking water, improves agriculture water management, and reduces the fecal pathogen burden in the environment from poorly managed non-sewered sanitation through fecal sludge management. The program team will methodically integrate WRM, watershed biodiversity conservation, and water and sanitation service delivery by mapping and strengthening the roles, connections, and capacities of key actors and stakeholders system-wide.
The M&E and Communication Coordinator will provide M&E and communications support to the Karnali Water Activity and watershed field offices. This position will report to the MEL Manager.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The M&E and Communication Coordinator will be responsible for the following tasks, but not limited to:
- Assist the MEL Manager and Communications Manager with site-based M&E inputs and communication reporting/requests;
- Support the identification and development of success stories, research products, and other potential communication products based on field activities and results;
- Support MEL Manager and Communications Manager to document lessons learned from the implementation of the Karnali Water Activity.
- Support the roll out the rolling Political Economy Analysis framework, formative research, and participatory rural appraisals,as identified in the Karnali Water Activity’s MERL Plan.
- Support reporting on progress towards achieving results and outcomes as defined in the Karnali Water Activity MERL Plan;
- Conduct verification and data quality assessment prior to submission to the MEL Manager;
- Document progress of field activities and alert the DCOP, Senior Field Office Manager and concerned specialists on issues and concerns that require immediate attention;
- Support various baseline, end line, and other data collection efforts including surveys and research activities;
- Coordinate the development and implementation of surveys and assessmentsto support the reporting of Karnali Water Activity targets and outcomes;
- As directed by the MEL Manager, collect from national and local government agencies, CSOs/NGOs, and other institutions data needed for reporting on contract deliverables and USAID indicators.
- Facilitate capacity building for Karnali Water Activity staff, local organizations, and government officials on M&E related activities;
- As directed, gather site-level information that are required for reporting on environmental impacts and mitigation measures, in accordance with the Environmental Mitigation and Monitoring Plan;
- Report to the M&E Manager any problems or irregularities with respect to M&E data;
- Perform other tasks and duties consistent with the above.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree;
- Minimum of 8 years progressively responsible experience in relevant positions (or 4 years with a Master’s degree). Experience working in a similar position for an NGO or an international organization is preferred. USAID-funded project experience is a plus;
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment is a must;
- Must be flexible, willing to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor and work irregular hours;
- Superior integrity, organization, communication, and interpersonal skills;
- Sound analytical and reasoning skills;
- A demonstrated ability to effectively interact with external stakeholders and program team;
- Fluency in Nepali and English (written and spoken).
Priority will be given to those applicants who are permanent residents of Rara Khatyad watershed, Tila Karnali watershed, Middle Karnali watershed, or Lower Karnali watershed.
APPLICATION LINK: https://fs23.formsite.com/OLJTgx/6xxucllyae/index.html?1626454381977
Select the position in which you are interested in applying for, fill out the required information, and upload CV. Please indicate what location you are applying for. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as interviews will be conducted soon. Please note, due to the volume of applications that we receive and the urgency to fill-up positions, only shortlisted applicants will receive notification on next steps.
Interested candidates should submit their application no later than November 12, 2021