Detailed Job description / requirements:
Position: Logistics / Administration Officer (LAO)
Line Manager: Country Coordinator
Working places: Based at Kathmandu with frequent visit to partner’s office at Banepa (bi-weekly)and punctual visit to field office in Sindhupalchowk (monthly).
Service time: Full time, from Sunday to Friday – 10 am to 5 pm
PRESENTATION OF TRIANGLE HUMANITARIAN GENERATION (TGH)
"Actor of a sustainable and shared solidarity"
Created in 1994, TGH, the French international solidarity association based in Lyon, develops and implements emergency, rehabilitation and development programs in water, hygiene and sanitation, civil engineering, food security and rural development, protection and education. TGH currently works in 9 countries in Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
Following the 2015 earthquake, TGH has started the implementation of projects in Sindhupalchok district, Nepal, in partnership with the NGO ARSOW Nepal. Further to emergency and post-emergency project, the partnership is being maintained for a new economic recovery project.
PRESENTATION OF THE MISSION
TGH and its partner ARSOW-Nepal are currently implementing the third phase of an integrated Global Reconstruction Project called “Integrated Comprehensive Recovery Program for Thangpal Valley”, which started in March 2020, for an expected total duration of 36 months. It is located in the Rural Municipality of Panchpokhari, in Sindhupalchok district.
The objectives of this project is to enhance the economic recovery of the affected population through livelihood and income-generating activities, as well as ensure the safe and easy access to WASH (water, hygiene and sanitation) facilities in targeted villages, with a particular focus on the most vulnerable.
This project aims to strengthen the resilience of populations. The implementation of this project follows a participatory methodology, integrating both the beneficiaries themselves and the government institutions through steering committees.
TGH is the project leader towards the donor (AFD & FdF). The implementation of this project is entrusted by ARSOW under the supervision of TGH and follows a participatory methodology, involving both beneficiaries and government institutions. As such, a capacity building component of our partner is also included in this project.
The population of the four targeted Wards(Thangpaldhap, Thangpalkot, Gunsakot and Bothang - each separated by 1 to 2 hours of walking) represents about 17,000 people, and it is estimated that 13,000 of them will benefit directly from the project.
Zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and sexual abuse:
TGH applies a "zero tolerance" policy with regard to all misconduct affecting the professional credibility of its employees: TGH staff; partners (local or international) and service providers.
TGH strongly condemns all corporal punishment or physical violence, threats of physical violence, sexual abuse or exploitation, harassment and verbal abuse, as well as all other forms of intimidation.
The LAO works under the direct supervision of the Country Coordinator, who is responsible of the management of the administrative, logistic and financial aspects of TGH mission.
The LAO works in close collaboration with the Country Representative who is responsible of the monitoring of the activities implementation, along with the Program Coordinator Assistant.
The LAO must give a support to the partners’ project team in order to fulfill all the necessary requirements. He/she must especially collaborate closely with the Log / Admin / Fin Officer, the Accountant, the Program Coordinator at both the HQ level and the field level.
The responsibilities of the Log/AdminOfficer are divided into three essential tasks:
- Ensure the compliance of logistic procedures in accordance with TGH, donors and Nepalese government rules
- Manage the logistic aspects of the TGH Nepal Mission
- Support the management of the administrative and account parts
Ensure the compliance of logistics procedures and documents:
1. Maintain a good communication and collaboration with the ARSOW Log/Admin team:
- Establish regular and formal contact with the concerned ARSOW team members;
- Participate in each step of logistics procedure in relation to the project
- Build capacities of ARSOW project team as per identified needs
2. Review all the logistics documentation:
- Check the presence of all the necessary documents in each logistic and procurement procedure
- Check the validation of TGH Nepal and TGH HQ whenever necessary
- Follow-up and update the purchase plan if required
- Support the field team in the implementation of logistic activities such as the distribution of materials and goods;
- Review the documents and propose modifications if necessary (contracts, amendment, derogation, etc.);
- Ensure that all documents are translated into English;
- Ensure an appropriate archiving of the logistics documents at TGH level (ARSOW and TGH doc including RH files);
- Follow-up ARSOW project inventory monthly update ;
- Ensure the regular sending of all the documents to the Country Coordinator(electronic version and paper);
- Ensure that all contracts are completed and translated; where appropriate propose amendments and translation;
Manage the logistic aspects of the TGH Nepal Mission.
- Management of the transportation of TGH representatives for their travel to visit project sites and other necessary official visit.
- Management of the transportation of goods as per requirement.
- Management of the assets and equipment (maintenance, procurement, etc.);
- Monitoring and regular update of the inventory;
- Management of the means of communication (internet and telephone);
- Informatics maintenance and regular data back-up;
Support the management of the administrative and accounting parts
- Review the presence and compliance of the bills and vouchers on monthly basis.
- Verify the expenses of the partners on monthly basis.
- Visit Banks for necessary work when requested.
- Visit the Tax Offices every month for the TDS payment.
- Visit the Government offices whenever necessary.
- TGH vehicle renewal.
This list is not exhaustive, you could be requested to perform other tasks as your supervisor may judge necessary.
- National of Nepal
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
- Graduated in administration, logistics or graduated in any discipline with similar background (min level +2)
- Additional training in logistics, administration and/or accounting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Work experience as a logistician or an administrative officer.
- Work experience in the humanitarian sector, with NGO or INGO;
- Knowledge of Nepalese laws and regulations
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel…)
- Practical knowledge of logistics and/or accounting software
- Valid driving license(2 Wheeler)
- Outstanding organizational and coordination capabilities
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in odd hours when needed.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application along with an updated CV with in 27 January 2021 via mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Country Coordinator - TGH, Nepal Ktm
9841384311/98 02 01 77 37