Knowledge Sharing Manager Nepal (KSMN)
Please visit: www.adaragroup.org
Detailed Job description / requirements:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Nepali citizen for the role of Knowledge Sharing Manager Nepal (KSMN) in the Nepal Office of Adara Development, the international development arm of the Adara Group.
The Adara Group has been working and building programmes and deep service excellence in Nepal for more than 24 years focused on Remote Community Development, in partnership with communities in Humla and other districts. We believe the knowledge we have gained is not ours alone and may help others. As we take our work to scale, we are building a knowledge sharing pillar to share knowledge both inside and outside of Adara to help others. The Knowledge Sharing Manager Nepal (KSMN) will be responsible for implementation of Adara’s knowledge sharing and learning strategies to accelerate knowledge, learning and collaboration relating to Adara Groups programmes and work in Remote Community Development in Nepal.
We seek to share our knowledge locally, regionally, nationally, and globally. The KSMN will work closely with the Adara Nepal programmes and monitoring and evaluation teams. The KSMN will be based in Kathmandu with occasional travel to Humla and other districts. The role involves liaison with Adara staff, partner NGOs, government line agencies, political and community leaders, and men, women and children and other likeminded organisations in Nepal.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A master’s degree or higher degree in a relevant discipline (communications, international development, development studies, knowledge management or a related field)
- Demonstrated ability and a minimum of five years’ experience in relevant professional field
- Experience in knowledge sharing activities in the national development sector.
- Demonstrated ability in conducting workshop/training sessions/ events.
- Proven ability in creating documents, documentation, report writing, promoting knowledge sharing and dissemination of knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, including presenting, with the ability to communicate with people from all social positions and interact with humility with children, women, men from diverse social, ethnic, religious, and cultural groups in Nepal. Knowledge and familiarity of local customs and culture.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Nepali.
- Good team player with strong organisational skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook, Adobe Creative Suite, databases, websites, archiving (electronically and in paper) and ability to work with internet-based communication methods.
- Knowledge of content management systems.
- Ability to take complex ideas and translate knowledge into useful, relevant, and shareable assets.
- Interest, passion and commitment to social justice and national development.
- Ability to work efficiently and meet tight deadlines.
- Willingness to travel to remote areas in Humla and other districts and ability and willingness to long-term stay in the project areas.
Adara Development is a child safe organization. All employees are required to undergo a police record check and sign our Child Protection Policy.
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
This is a readvertised position. No need to apply again by the applicants who applied before.
If you are interested in applying, please send your curriculum vitae with cover letter at the email address: email@example.com. Applications close on Tuesday, 6 September 2022. Please ensure you put ‘KSMN application’ in the subject line. Please note that telephone inquiries will not be entertained.
Please visit: www.adaragroup.org