- Company: People in Need
- Industry: I/ NGO
- Address: lazimpat-3
- Social Science
- Full Time / Contract
- 4+ years
- Please check vacancy details
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Monitoring and Evaluation (MEAL) Officer
Place of assignment: Kathmandu with frequent travels to the field
Reporting to: Programme Manager
Starting date: June 1, 2018
People in Need (PIN) is an international non-governmental organization with headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic. In its 20 years of history, PIN was working in over 40 countries in relief, development and human rights and democracy support projects. People in Need is a member of the Alliance 2015 - European NGO Network. For more information please visit www.peopleinneed.cz. After the earthquake in Nepal in April 2015, PIN joined the emergency response to support the most affected communities in Nepal.
MEAL Officer leads on PIN monitoring and evaluation activities such as design, planning and coordination of M&E activities, capacity building of staff, field data collection, cleaning and analysis in coordination of Programme managers and local partners.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Design data collection methodology (sampling, data collection tools and process), data analysis and self-verification for project evaluation purposes;
- With direction from programme managers, support adherence to the project M&E framework;
- Identify gaps and facilitate development of M&E-related capacities among colleagues and stakeholders to ensure participation, enable ownership and facilitate quality of data collection, its management and use;
- Support Project Managers and Program Managers in reporting and other communication.
- Ensure that project feedback, results and lessons learnt are effectively shared in order to adjust and improve project approaches, their delivery and scale up;
- Work with external independent evaluators as needed and liaise with his/her counterparts at partners´ organizations
- Provides training for PIN staff and partner organizations´ staff as required on data collection and project monitoring
- Support planning, logistics and coordination of monitoring team, consultants/technical assistance visits as required;
- Supervise and lead M&E Assistant in all above activities;
- Ensure PIN programs are conducted in compliance with both PIN’s and donor’s rules and regulations, especially anti-corruption, transparency and accountability principles.
- Bachelor degree with at least 4 years of relevant work experience or Master degree with two years relevant work experience in MEAL department.
- Prior experience with project management, M&E and reporting required.
- Prior experience with large institutional donors preferred.
- Willingness to conduct frequent field trips and monitoring activities in rural and remote areas
- Outstanding communication skills – written and spoken.
- Strong critical thinking and capacity to solve complex issues related to project’s delivery.
- Experience in providing training
- Detail orientation and ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Sound knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel, knowledge of data collection tools such as ODK and Kobo
- Competitive salary according to PIN scale (Level 3)
- Work in an international team
- On the job training and mentoring
Interested candidates please deliver your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 May 2018. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted immediately.
PIN promotes equal opportunities. Women, Dalit and Janajati candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.