- Company: DAI
- Industry: Other
- Address: Baluwatar
- Administrative / Management
- Full Time
- Please check vacancy details.
- Graduate (Bachelors)
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
SCOPE OF WORK
Position: Conference Secretary
Period of Performance: On/AboutDecember, 2017 – May, 2018
Level of Effort: STTA,6days per week
Location: Nepal National Committee on Irrigation and Drainage (NENCID),Lalitpur
The USAID Paani Program, also known as the पानीपरियोजना, is a 5 year, $25 million USAID-funded Project in Nepal. Water is the single most important natural resource underpinning Nepal’s economy and livelihoods. The sustainable management of water resources in Nepal depends on addressing climate change and protecting healthy, biodiverse ecosystems. Paani aims to enhance Nepal’s ability to manage water resources for multiple uses and users through climate change adaptation and the conservation of freshwater biodiversity. Paani focuses at the watershed, basin, and national scales and the project has approximately $5 million in grants and activity procurements. This goal will be reached by meeting the following objectives:
- Reduce threats to freshwater biodiversity in the Karnali, Mahakali, and Rapti river basins.
- Increase the ability of targeted human and ecological communities to adapt to the adverse impacts of climate change through improved water management.
This will be accomplished through 11 strategic approaches and four intermediate results (IRs, each with several sub-IRs), and supporting activities, as defined in Section C, Statement of Work (SOW) of the Paani Contract, the Year 2 Annual Work Plan and the Paani Monitoring and Evaluation Plan, which provide the framework and overall guidance for all Paani team members.
Applicants should submit a CV and cover letter to PANI_recruitment@dai.com by November 27, 2017.
Please mention the position in the subject line of the email.
The Conference Secretary will support the Nepal National Committee on Irrigation and Drainage (NENCID) for the organization and conduct of the 8th Asian Regional Conference (ARC) on “Irrigation in Support of an Evergreen Revolution” taking place in Kathmandu on 2-4 May 2018.
The Conference Secretary will complete the following tasks:
- Finalize, send the invitations and publish notice of the event
- Event planning, design and production while managing all elements within time limits
- Conduct market research, gather information and negotiate prior to the event
- Co ordinate with the coordinator in identifying speakers, facilitators, notetakers and rapporature for the event
- Make necessary travel arrangements for all the participants
- Answer general queries about the hosting of conference.
- Provide feedback and periodic reports to stakeholders
- Propose ideas to improve provided services and event quality
- Provide support to successfully operate all the sessions during the day of the event
- Take minutes of all Conference Meeting.
- Maintain Committee Registration sheet and distribute conference reimbursement for members.
- Plan and arrange mechanisms for predicting meal attendance and securing meal counts.
- Monitoring, reporting, liaison and coordination of the administrative related works.
- Other Admin task as per program requirements.
- Distribute Conference Committee minutes to Conference Committee and President
- Process travel expenses and update event/stakeholder database if required
- Follow up including writing thank you letters to outside speakers and VIP’s
Level of Effort:
The Conference Secretary position is based in Nepal National Committee on Irrigation and Drainage (NENCID) office, Lalitpur. The level of effort is 6 months until the completion of the conference.
The Conference Secretary will work under the direct supervision of the Conference Coordinator.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A university graduation degree is required.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office suite) required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Fluent English and Nepali required.
Women and people from marginalized communities are highly encouraged to apply.