- Company: Aasaman Nepal
- Industry: Non Governmental Organization (NGO)
- Address: Mahalaxmisthan , Lalitpur
- Full / Part Time
- 2+ years
- Please check vacancy details
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
As leading NGO, Aasaman Nepal has been engaged in developing and implementing programs aimed to protection, promotion and fulfillment of child rights in Nepal. Since its inception in 1999, ASN has continuously been active in the development of children in terms of education, child rights, health and nutrition and livelihood.
ASNhas been implementing Sisters for Sisters' Education Project partnering with VSO Nepal with the financial aid of DFID in Parsa and Dhading districts from 2013 and currently looking for following experienced and dynamic team players for Phase II (2017-2020) of aforementioned project.
1. Position: Community Engagement and Leadership Coordinator (CELC)- 1
Duty Station: Project office, Dhading
- Take lead role in mobilization of Community Mobilizers
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly action plan and track implementation of activities as per the action plan
- Mentor, Coach and Monitor Community Mobilizers
- Establish sound relationship, coordination and collaboration with community support agencies such as schools, SMC, PTA, Rural Municipalities and Municipalities
- Ensure effective and quality delivery of project activities in field level
- Contribute on capacity building of project staffs on community mobilization and leadership
- Prepare and facilitate to Social Mobilizes to prepare event and periodic reports
- Develop social leadership skill of Community Mobilizers
- Carry out any other task assigned by immediate Line Manager
Essential Qualification and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Social work, Development Studies or Sociology
- At least two years working experience in development sector and preferably in Girls Education, mentoring, Child Protection and inclusion.
- Good communication and staff management skill
- An excellent computer skill on Microsoft Office, Microsoft, Excel and PowerPoint,
Other Attributes for all positions: Excellent quality of work and commitment to high standards, strong communication skills, team building and willingness and motivated for good service delivery with strong networking and interpersonal skills and comfortable to work under stress and emergencies.
Age Limit: Candidates between 21 years to 45 years are only eligible to apply for all the above positions.
Duration: Fixed term till December 2020 (Annual contract basis with three months' probation period)
All employees must adhere to child safeguarding in persons provisions covered in the project agreement.
Ensure adherence to Aasaman Nepal's policies and internal procedures, protocols, Aasaman Nepal's code of Conduct with special attention to Child Protection and Do No Harm Policies.
Competent candidates from disadvantaged groups and inhabitants of the project districts will be given priority. Interested candidates are requested to submit their application along with an updated CV by 17th October 2019 via email at email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for participation in the recruitment process. No telephone enquiry is entertained.