Detailed Job description / requirements:
Opportunity Village Nepal – OVN
Opportunity Village Nepal (OVN) advocates for the rights of women and children and the community they live in for their economic and social justice. The focus of its programs continues to be on abolition of child labor and child marriage, prevention of human trafficking, promotion of girl child education and empowerment of women, among others through various innovative strategies working closely with the government and key stakeholders.
Under its Anti-human Trafficking Project and with particular focus on internal trafficking, OVN invites applications for the following positionbelow from interested candidates and is seeking individuals with commitment for children and women, high drive for results, integrity, demonstrable teamwork, good self-awareness and self-regulation.
Position: "Job-Placement Officer"
Qualifications & Experiences:
- Bachelor in Business Administration or Business related studies with interest in Marketing and related interventions with at least 1 year of experience in Market Assessment particularly for the identification of nature of jobs as demanded by the marketand working on job-placement for/with children and young woman preferred.
- Prior experience and knowledge in demand generation for supporting the project team in making best decisions for trainings to be conducted.
- Having good knowledge and information about the different training institutions, particularly life-skills and vocational/ skill based training within Kathmandu Valley and providing training in different sills and vocations that are recognized by the government having job demands and scope for placements.
- Familiar about the need-assessment process of beneficiaries and capable enough to provide best options for each of the project beneficiaries.
- Experienced and capable in identifying job opportunities to the beneficiaries trained by the project.
- Experience of working in Income Generation Activity support related to projects or its areas of interventions.
- Experience of working with and good rapport building skills with government authorities, corporate sectors, beneficiaries and related stakeholders
- Capable of carrying out regular assessment of employing agencies and strategizing plan of action with specifics to approaching private/corporate sector for sustainable/long term job placement of trained beneficiaries of the project.
- Very good communication skills and attention to details.
- Problem solving skills and ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Learning attitude and highly motivated team player
- Operational, organizational, communication and time/work management skills and the ability to work harmoniously under pressure with colleagues, staff, and volunteers from diverse background.
- Accountability with problem solving ability, supportive and friendly
The position is initially for 1 year, with possibility of extension, and the selected candidate will berequired to begin job as soon as possible. Qualified and Experienced interested candidates are requested to apply by 4th October 2019 specifying the position applied toin the subject line on this email address firstname.lastname@example.org with salary expectations.
Child Protection Policy: References will be taken and background checks will be carried out for the successful candidate in conformity with OVN’s Child Protection Policy.
OVN is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforceand encourages applicants for this position without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, age, disability or marital status. Only those whose applications are being considered seriously will be contacted. No phone calls please and the Staff Selection Committee deserves the right to make a final decision.