IT and Admin Support Trainee, Short term vacancy
Detailed Job description / requirements:
IT and Admin Support Trainee, Short term vacancy
Do you want to contribute to a humane world? Do you want to promote a world without poverty and exclusion, where everyone enjoys their human rights? Then IM Swedish Development Partner is the right place for you. Right now, we are looking for an IT and Admin Support Trainee for IM Nepal office in Bakhundole Road, Lalitpur. If you are a qualified and proactive person, we can offer you an opportunity to join us and make a real difference for people and societies.
IM has been working in Nepal since 2010 as a legally registered INGO with its own country office in Kathmandu. Marginalized women and youth are the main target key rights holders. Currently we are supporting 22 civil society organizationsin the region.
- You will provide support the LANs (Local Area Network) and WANs (Wide Area Network) of Act to all laptops and computers.
- Provide general support to IM staff regarding their PC operating system (windows 7, 8, 8.1), Microsoft office package (2010 and 2013), MacBook, including office 365 and general PC software.
- Make sure the smooth functioning of internal office network (intranet), internet, servers, routers, access points, network switches and all in-house network peripherals.
- Troubleshoot minor network and power related issues and problems.
- Assist in information systems processes like regular power backup, network monitoring, software monitoring, printer servicing, refilling etc.
- Provide support on usage of IT devices (copiers, printers, scanners, tablets, projectors, biometric reader, cameras, mobiles etc.).
- Setup and prepare PCs for new staff: basic configuration of operating system and software according to organizations’ IT/IS policies.
- Ensure that only licensed software is installed on each end-user’s computer. Every new installation must be reported to Supervisor.
- Install and manage the configuring and troubleshooting of laptops/ desktops/ printers/video conferencing/projectors/camera/scanners and other IT related equipment
- Resolve or escalate critical support for account activation/deactivation, firewall problem, access to IM systems (email, RAMS, Connect, etc.)
- Update regularly data backup and antivirus in each computer.
- Besides IT work, you will be support for the administrative task such as to go to Bank, Inland Revenue Office, SWC, Municipality as and when required, possibly training IM staff for new application and uses, perform any additional duties required to the admin and finance department as per the day-to-day operation requirement.
- Any other IT and admin related tasks as advised by Admin and Finance Officer and / or Regional Finance Controller and Communications Manager as per the requirement.
- Critical thinking and problem solving, strong teamwork and communication skills
- Minimum Bachelor’s in Information Management/Information Technology/Computer Engineering or final semester running.
- Strong academic records and proficient in written and spoken English and Nepali
- Good computer skills with knowledge in troubleshooting Microsoft Windows OS platforms (7,8,8.1) and MS office package (2007,2010, 2013)
- Knowledge in Windows Server OS, system administration and work experience in IT, network administration, data management.
- Demonstrated reliability and high level of integrity.
- Active and willingness for the work.
- Good interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work.
IM applies self-leadership, which means that you will take a big responsibility for your own work, you are dynamic, motivated and can make your own, well-founded decisions.
It is a given that you stand behind our values and support equal human rights, as well as a strong motivation to contribute a sustainable development based on change.
What we can offer you
IM carries out rights-based operations together with partners in 15 countries globally. If you join IM, we offer you an international work environment where human values and commitment is in focus. We offer you challenging and motivating tasks in a creative work environment characterized by collaboration, teambuilding along with opportunities for knowledge development.
We view diversity as a strength and want to be a place where different perspectives and experiences are welcome.
IM has a strong workplace culture that is characterized by our core values:
We trust – We listen to everyone’s voice and trust each other’s abilities and knowledge. We know that we are stronger together.
We dare – We are confident, bold and we dare to create change through innovative, sustainable solutions. We have the courage to always stand up for our values.
We are relevant – We know why we do what we do. We base our decisions on facts, and we are constantly learning. We act – sooner rather than later.
We are passionate – We are all driven by a strong conviction that we can contribute to change and that what we do makes a difference. We always act with compassion and an open heart.
Duty station: IM Nepal Country Office, Lalitpur, Bakhundole road.
Frame of contract: Six months with a possibility extension
Start date: Preferable 1st February 2023
Apply by sending your CV and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org write "IT and Admin Support Trainee" in the subject line. Deadline for applying is 25th January 2023.
IM will offer NRs. 17,471.00 per month gross for your contribution.
IM is a values-based, independent member organisation that fights for an equal and compassionate world. We work globally in collaboration with local partners to enable people to lift themselves out of poverty and exclusion through their own efforts. We strive for a sustainable world, based on international human rights standards, and we reject all forms of discrimination.
Read more at: imsweden.org/en