Implementation Manager, Reading For All Project
Details / requirements:
Handicap International Federation (HI) is an independent and impartial aid organization, created in 1982, working across 63 countries. HI works alongside the vulnerable populations, whatever the context, taking action to respond to their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. Present in Nepal since 2000, HI works through a network of local partner organizations in the area of health and physical rehabilitation, inclusive education and resilience including emergency response to improve the living conditions and involvement of the most vulnerable populations in Nepal.
Reading for All (RFA) Program is a five-year, $5.88 million activity that works to improve early grade reading outcomes among children with disabilities in grades 1 – 3. Implemented in 3,442 schools in the 10 National Early Grade Reading Program focus districts (Banke, Surkhet, Bhaktapur, Kaski, Dhankuta, Parsa, Mustang, Dang, Kailaki, and Dadeldhura), the activity strengthens the Government of Nepal’s (GON’s) institutional capacity at the federal, provincial and local levels to implement its constitutional and policy commitments to disability inclusive education.
HI Nepal is recruiting the following position to contribute in the implementation of its project.
1. Implementation Manager, Reading For All Project - 1 Position
Mission: Provide technical and managerial leadership for RFA project. The position, is equivalent to Deputy COP, will ensure that the project emphasises on capacity building and monitoring across all activities and technical areas so that teaching and curriculum personnel have the skills to improve and sustain long-term educational outcomes for Children with Disabilities in Nepal.
Terms & Conditions: Fixed Term Contract till 31st December, 2022
Location: Country Office, Kathmandu with frequent field visits
- Lead the project implementation planning, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of consortium activities
- Support human resource planning and mobilize team for the final year of project implementation
- Lead efficient utilisation of the available financial resources, track expenses and ensure value for money.
- Ensure partnership contracts, MOU are on track, terms and conditions of contracts are strictly adhered, project objectives within the specified project timeframe of implementation
- Lead in study and knowledge management to communicate with stakeholders by using inclusive communication mediums
- Ensure effective coordination and networking with provincial/local governments, implementing partners and HI internal organization
Qualification and Skills:
- Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, Education or related field
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in a management position in a program of similar magnitude and complexity
- Experience working with government departments and organizations to build capacity of government systems required
- Past technical experience in any of the following areas: Disability Inclusive Education, Social Inclusion, or Education
- Proven Project Management experience with good knowledge of implementation strategies and tools, PME frameworks and knowledge management.
- Demonstrable Team Management skills having managed complex team structure
- Good interpersonal, communication, coordination and networking skills
Send a motivation letter mentioning position applied for and expected salary and an updated CV including 2 referees with contact number and e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 18, 2022. HI Nepal reserves the right to cancel, postpone or modify the whole recruitment process and reject any application without specifying any reasons whatsoever.
Handicap International (HI) is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women, people with disability, and members from disadvantaged communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Candidates applying for a job with HI must be ready to comply with our Child Protection Policy, and Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment. HI Nepal has a zero tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the values and mission of HI; hence, all selected candidates are expected to adhere to these standards and principles.