Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Nepal Red Cross Society, Community Empowerment for Health Promotion Programme (CEHP) Nepalgunj invites applications from suitable and qualified Nepali citizen for the following position.
Senior WASH Officer (Civil Engineer)
Nepalgunj, (frequent travel to field of project districts in Nepal)
At least Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering from recognized institution. At least 2 years work experience in WASH related project management and on the construction of Water and Sanitation related infrastructures. Having adequate skill of designing and preparing cost estimation report of the different types of water schemes and building. Good understanding and analyzing of survey reports, drawings/maps and other topographical or geological data. Excellent skill of computer (MS Office, Excel, AutoCAD, GPS, Power point etc).Need excellent communication, facilitation & motivation skills. Ability to write reports both in English and Nepali languages.Age bar is 21-45 yrs.
Contract period is for one year with possibility of extension.
Women and candidates from disadvantaged/marginalized groups/communities are highly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates may submit their applications along with latest bio-data, together with a recent photo with details of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 23, 2019. Only short listed candidates will be called at Nepalgunj office for further selection process.
The Community Empowerment for Health Promotion Programme(CEHP) is implemented by the Nepal Red Cross Society (NRCS) with the support of Swiss Red Cross (SRC). SRC has been providing financial and technical support to the program since 2001. The new phase-VII of the programme is being implemented from July 2018 to June 2021, which has two components- Health and WASH.
Under the direct supervision of Community Empowerment for Health Promotion Programme (CEHP), Senior Project WASH Officer plays vital role to implement action plans and project activities according to calendar of operation, policy and procedure of the programme.
The employee is expected to work with the highest degree of moral behavior and conduct adhering to the Red Cross Movement Code of Conduct and seven principles. The code of conduct is integral part of the working contract.
The employee will also provide support to other projects (if needed) without hampering the services of core project(s) supported by NRCS CEHP.
Duties and Responsibilities
The employee has to ensure the effective implementation of the programme. S/he should report to the Deputy Program Director (DPD).
Detailed scope of work includes:
- Make regular visit to the programme area to monitor and observe progress of the project and also provide support to build the capacity of district level project staff and community level government. Networks for the well implementation of the programme.
- Develop/design manuals, guidelines, tools and provide input to finalize necessary IEC/BCC, formats for the program as required.
- Coordinate and network with key health and WASH partners and stakeholders in different stages of project implementation as required
- Maintain good coordination and linkages with related stakeholders to achieve the optimum result of the programme.
- Support to organize and facilitate the relevant workshops, trainings and orientations as required.
- Provide inputs on the utilization the developed protocols, manuals, formats and tools etc. for the effective implementation of the project
- Provide technical support to the Red Cross District Chapters, Sub-Chapters, Schools, Health facilities & communities as per need.
- Coach/update the project staff on the government policies, guidelines and strategies and provide backstopping to the project staff and government networks to develop Palika level new policies, guidelines and strategies.
- Provide technical guidance and support to technical staff for detail survey, designing and preparing the cost estimation report of any structural activities.
- Visit the construction site time to time and provide the technical backing to ensure the quality construction.
- Collect information from different level and support to prepare monthly report in final shape.
- Document the achievement of the programme also through videos, photos, success stories and other appropriate medium.
- Ensure that the cross cutting issues such as gender, DRR, Climate change adaptation, social inclusion are addressed and mainstreamed in all aspects of WASH and Health interventions.
- Demonstration of effective team building and problem solving skills
- Fulfill other assignments given by NRCS CEHP
|B.E. in Civil|
|09 Sep, 19|
|23 Sep, 19|