Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
People in Need (PIN) is a non-governmental, non-profit, international organization founded in the Czech Republic in 1992. PIN arrived in Nepal as part of a humanitarian response to the April 25, 2015 earthquake. Since its inception in Nepal, PIN has had a strong role advocating and addressing the needs of marginalized populations. This includes people who live in geographically remote areas of Nepal, people who are from historically marginalized ethnic groups, and those marginalized because of their age and/or gender identity (women and girls). More recently, PIN has also supported Nepal's post-earthquake reconstruction efforts ensuring that the most vulnerable people are not left behind.
Project Summary :
Leave No One Behind (LNOB) Vulnerable Housing project is a DFID funded project that will be managed by PIN as leading agency in coordination with local partner PHASE, Nepal and engineering consultants, Scott Wilson Nepal (SWN). PIN and its consortium partners propose to implement a community driven reconstruction program that will address and mitigate those barriers to reconstruction by offering tailored socio-technical assistance at a household and community level. The assistance will vary from access to technical consultations by engineer, builder trainers and on-the-job trainings, to provision of skilled masons and carpenters, construction tools or material and transportation cost subsidization in remote areas and access to labor pool through community reconstruction groups (CRG) based on ‘alo-palo’ system.
Field Officer is PIN’s representative on the ground level under LNOB project. He/she provides regular feedback to Project Coordinator on all social aspects of the project works. He/She works closely with the project’s social and technical partners on VDC level, assisting them with set up and implementation of project activities as per the project guidelines. He/She will ensure smooth progression of project activities with respect to time, quality and budget.
Tasks and responsibilities
· Coordinate, consolidate and ensure smooth implementation of program activities according to project design together with the social (Phase, Nepal) and technical (SWN) partners
· Liaise with Ward and Gaupalika authorities, NRA, District Coordination Committee (DCC) and other major stakeholders in facilitating smooth operations of project activities
b) Support and Monitoring
· Support PIN staff and partner organisations in planning and executing program activities
· Undertake monitoring of project activities with due diligence and ensure progression of project activities with respect to time, quality and budget
· Ensure PIN’s guidelines are adhered to and that PIN is represented fairly and professionally at all times
· Establish conducive work relationship amongst PIN, local partners, major stakeholders and beneficiaries for smooth progression of project activities
· Establish effective communication within the consortium partners, local and district authorities and other agencies within the areas of operation
· Provide weekly updates on field activities progress and compile field level reports for future records
· Communicate closely and frequently with the Project Coordinator, offering a constructive feedback based on regular monitoring of the field sites.
· Communicate any constraints and problems faced in the field to Project Coordinator without delay
· Follow up on the supply chain of construction materials as per agreed project plan and work closely with Field Logistician and Field Coordinator in managing stocks at field sites
Required skills, qualification, knowledge and experiences
· Bachelors degree with at least 3 years work experience
· Outstanding communication skills
· Ability to work alone or in a team
· Good knowledge and experience working with marginalized communities
· Fluency in written and spoken English
· Sound knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint and other office tools
· Organizational and negotiations skills
· Experience working in rural and remote locations in housing reconstruction projects
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter including two reference contacts from last two employments and telephone contact by email to before 25 March 2019. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted immediately.
PIN promotes equal opportunities. Women, Janajati and Dalit candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
|Please check vacancy details|
|11 Mar, 19|
|25 Mar, 19|