One Heart Worldwide (OHW) is an International Non-Governmental Organization that has been working in the area of Maternal and Neonatal Health (MNH) since 2011. OHW works with local communities and local health service providers to develop a culturally appropriate Network of Safety around mothers and infants, by raising awareness, teaching good practices, and distributing essential equipment to ensure that mothers and infants survive delivery and first months of life. OHW is currently working in 12 (Okhaldhunga, Sankhuwasabha, Ilam, Solukhumbu, Ramechhap, Nuwakot, Kavre, Dolakha, Udayapur, Myagdi, Parbat and Sarlahi) districts of Nepal.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Line Management Report to:
Senior Program Coordinator
Technical Report to:
Surkhet Cluster Office with field visits (40%) in the program districts
Purpose of the Position:
The Grants Officer will be responsible to oversee the compliance and requirement of implementing grants agreement with Partner NGOs and quality reporting in time. In addition, s/he will also identify areas where support and improvement are required and ensure a follow-up mechanism is in place to meet and maintain the standard and operational efficiency of specific grants. This position holder is responsible for grants management-related work as assigned by the supervisor. The position holder requires to make frequent field visits to ensure field-based staff and Partner NGOs have adequate support to meet and maintain compliance requirements.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in partner NGO selection process and conducts pre-award survey/assessments as a part of the selection process.
- Review budgets for field offices and partner NGOs in consultation with concerned program staff.
- Ensure timely submission of monthly, quarterly accruals and other financial reports, pipeline, and burn rate analysis from partner NGO.
- Review, analyze and monitor the financial progress of field offices and partner NGOs on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis.
- Maintain softcopy and hardcopy of grants and financial files and folders in a systematic way for easy access to concerned staff and backup files as required.
- Conduct site visits, reviews, and monitoring to ensure compliance with partner NGO’s financial guidelines and applicable local laws.
- Assist Finance Manager to appraise partner NGO financial management capacity and develop a plan for tailored technical assistance /orientation/training based on the appraisal.
- Involve in the transition procedure of field offices and partner NGOs.
- Maintain updated payables and receivables and reconcile periodically with local partners.
- Carry out financial management duties of OHW Surkhet Office during the vacant or absent period of Cluster Finance Admin Officer.
- Perform other duties, as assigned by the supervisor and the management.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Business Studies or accounting. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of four years of experience in I/NGOs.
- Knowledge and experience with finance and grant monitoring.
- Knowledge of accepted accounting practices and principles.
- Experience in using digital accounting books is highly desirable, QuickBooks/ FAMAS.
Skills and abilities
- Good working knowledge of Excel and strong database skills.
- Strong financial acumen and analytical ability.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Fluency in both oral and written English and Nepali language.
- Must possess a high degree of integrity and confidentiality and the ability to work in a team setting.
Preference will be given to local candidates.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are requested to visit the link at https://forms.gle/azYUjq6mvDiBsVHDA and submit their application through the online portal by May 16, 2022.