Government Liaison Consultant
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Scope of Work for Consultant
Project/Consultancy Title: Government Liaison Consultant
Project Location(s): Kathmandu (Other Mercy Corps program locations as needed)
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action - helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future. Mercy Corps has been operating in Nepal since 2005, implementing programs in food security, agriculture, market development, financial services, youth engagement, climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction. We take a systems-based approach in our programming, with the aim of improving the lives and potential of vulnerable individuals and communities across Nepal.
Responsible for the daily interactions with Administrative systems of the government in regards to all Mercy Corps activities, operational needs and representation in accordance with Mercy Corps’ policies and reporting structure.
The Consultant will:
- Be responsible for the facilitating Mercy Corps interests through government bureaucratic systems – both operational and program needs; obtain all necessary permissions and documentation for the smooth functioning of Mercy Corps projects in country.
- Be responsible for preparing and facilitating the project agreements for Mercy Corps’ COVID emergency response with the
- SWC and ensuring the all reporting requirements for the emergency response are in line with the SWC requirements.
- Be responsible to ensure all project agreement for Mercy Corps Nepal are designed in line with Social Welfare Council’s and Government of Nepal’s requirement.
- Be responsible for preparing of semi-annual reports and facilitating the SWC evaluations.
- Act as the focal point for all government and representational correspondence – in coordination with the Program Manager and under supervision of the Country Director.
- Liaise with and support key program staff to ensure a thorough understanding of needs, information requirements and program activities. Assist in obtaining any permissions required for program implementation.
- Ensure regular meetings with various government officials at central, provincial and district level are held during project planning and implementation, including DPAC and CPAC meetings.
- Be responsible for visa, registration and other legal documentation for Mercy Corps expatriate staff.
- Obtain customs and duty exemption certificates from the relevant authorities as and when required.
Timeframe / Schedule:
The Consultant will work with Mercy Corps team for period of 3 months.
The Consultant will work closely with: Country Director, Program Managers, Head of Operations and other team members as required.
Required Experience & Skills:
- 3-5 years of proven experience in the relevant field.
- Familiarity of working with national and local government systems in Nepal.
- Outstanding communication & diplomacy skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication in both English and Nepali.
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills and ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Excellent negotiation, representation and ability to work comfortably with socially and ethnically diverse staff in a sensitive environment
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our stakeholders and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC's policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Required Documents for Submitting the Proposal:
Qualified firms/ Individuals can send their application to email@example.com with the Title “Government Liaison Consultant “along with the following documents by 13 June 2021 COB
- Financial Proposal- Per Month rate
- Company Profile/ CVs of key personnel
- Relevant Past Experience list and references
- Firm Registration & Renewal certificate (for Firm)
- Copy of VAT Registration Certificate (for Firm)
- Latest Tax clearance certificate (for Firm)
- Copy of Pan card (for Individual consultant)
Note: Any form of canvassing will disqualify the applicants