Detailed Job description / requirements:
Ad for Fund Manager
Chemonics seeks a Fund Manager for the three-year, £10million DFID-funded Nepal Climate Change Support Programme Phase 2 (NCCSP2). The Nepal Climate Change Support Programme (NCCSP) is the Government of Nepal’s flagship programme to enhance climate change adaptation and resilience planning and implementation at the local level. Under NCCSP Phase 2 (NCCSP2, 2019 – 2023), Government implementation will be supported by a Technical Assistance Provider (Mott MacDonald Limited) and by a Fund Manager (Chemonics).
Please note that this position is based in Surkhet.
The responsibilities of the Fund Manager are as follows:
- Lead and support capacity building of local municipalities in funds/revenue management; budgeting and planning; budgeting execution, transparency, and accountability; and budget control and oversight;
- Monitor the disbursement of funds;
- Conduct financial training to municipal staff;
- Provide technical assistance related to fund management to the TA provider, DFID, and municipalities;
- Maintain and organize project financial files;
- Contribute to technical reports and provide regular progress updates to the main TA provider, the client, and other stakeholders;
- Monitor the work of up to 12 remote-based finance/fund officers;
- Monitor client reporting obligations.
The required minimum qualifications for the Fund Manager are as follows:
- Minimum 8 years’ of experience ingrants and financial management on donor-funded programmes;
- Degree in economics, public finance, or another related field;
- Demonstrated experience mitigating risk and monitoring the disbursement of funds;
- Demonstrated experience delivering institutional strengthening assistance to national, provincial and/or district entities in public financial management;
- Demonstrated experience designing fund management training materials or manuals;
- Demonstrated experience carrying out fund management trainings, especially with staff at the local government level;
- Demonstrated experience with programme management, including ensuring that programs are meeting client expectations and timelines;
- Experience working on donor funded programs. Experience working with DFID is preferable;
- Knowledge of and experience in the climate change/resilience sector is preferable
Please apply via the application here:https://ChemonicsUK.formstack.com/forms/nccsp2_fundmanager
No telephone inquiries please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Deadlines for the application is Tuesday, 31 Mar 2020. No telephone calls are entertained.