Frontend Web Developer
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Frontend Web Developer
We are looking for a Frontend Web Developer to work on our WordPress based sites and join our fast-growing Nepal team. You will be based in our Kathmandu office, part of a global web/marketing team, with colleagues in Nepal, Singapore, and Hong Kong, dedicated to ensuring that the Zegal user experience is unbeatable. You should be very comfortable in a tech startup environment, have a keen eye for detail, with a very high standard of written English.
As part of a small web development team, you will be responsible for building company website pages and maintaining them in line with standard best practices. You will also be responsible for WordPress admin management as well as the theme files and some custom functionality.
About the company:
Companies that are connected to knowledge, their advisors, and use workflows to run their organisation are smarter and more profitable. Our mission is to make this the new normal for millions of businesses across the globe.
Founded in 2013, Zegal is the fastest growing LegalTech company operating across Asia Pacific and Europe. Today, business users and lawyers across the globe trust Zegal's software to solve legal problems in an affordable and efficient way.
Zegal is led by a talented team of 60 employees and has offices in Hong Kong, Singapore, Nepal, and the UK. Zegal has been featured in the New York Times, Forbes, and Huffington Post, and was recently recognised in the South China Morning Post as an emerging LegalTech company in the artificial intelligence space.
- 80% WordPress FE (Mostly block editor based design)
- 20% WordPress BE (ACF fields & custom blocks)
- Create and maintain wordpress website pages to the design specifications.
- Create and maintain theme and page-template files to the design specifications.
- Create and maintain back-end CMS functionality to support dynamic page designs.
- Front-end JS with third party APIs to retrieve and update information.
- Troubleshoot and resolve content and performance issues.
- Apply responsive, cross-browser, SEO, etc. best practices in FE development.
- Apply functional and performance best practices in BE development.
- Reviewing and analyzing the website for areas that can be improved and optimized.
- Advanced knowledge of WordPress themes and PHP template files.
- Experience with WordPress backend and plugin development.
- Experience with common plugins such as WPML and ACF.
- Experience working with Chrome Inspector and Lighthouse.
- Ability to work within a team and independently.
- Good verbal and written proficiency in English is a must.
- 3+ years experience working with commercial WordPress projects.