Front Office cum Admin Associate
Detailed Job description / requirements:
POSITION TITLE: Front Office cum Admin Associate(S5/S6)
LENGTH OF POSITION: Until June end 2024
LOCATION: Kathmandu, Nepal
UNIT: Agriculture, Resilience, and Water (ARW)
REPORTS TO: Sr. Office and Security Manager
Winrock is seeking candidates for a Front Office cum Admin Associate for the Feed the Future Knowledge-based Integrated Sustainable Agriculture in Nepal II (KISAN II) project.
Over the course of its first five years of operation (July 2017 through July 2022), the USAID’s Feed the Future Nepal Knowledge-based Integrated Sustainable Agriculture (KISAN II) project worked to increase resilience, inclusiveness, and sustainability of income growth through agriculture development by focusing on five value chains: vegetables, rice, maize, lentils, and goats. KISAN II uses a private sector-led approach to identify and address constraints within Nepal’s key market systems, which contributes to the food security objectives of the Government of Nepal’s (GON) Agricultural Development Strategy and the U.S. Government’s Feed the Future Initiative. The project coordinates closely with the private sector as well as Nepal’s federal, provincial, and local governments.
Under a two-year supplemental scope (extension), KISAN II is currently operating in eight districts in Lumbini, Karnali, and Sudurpaschim provinces to help bring transformational change to the rice and maize sub-sectors and to connect migrant returnees and others heavily affected by COVID-19 with agriculture-related opportunities. On September 2022, the project initiated additional USAID’s supplementary scope of work (SOW) to help address localized impacts stemming from Russia’s invasion of Ukraine through the Additional Ukraine Supplemental Appropriations Act (AUSAA).
The KISAN II Front Office cum Admin Associate will assist in fulfilling policies relating to the effective use of personnel within an organization and administration tasks.
- Deal with visitors and handle reception and telephone calls.
- Assist Sr. Office and Security Manager in fleet and logistics management.
- Book domestic air ticket, transportation as per approved instruction.
- Collect invoices, check and forward them to Finance.
- Provide logistic support in workshop, meeting, and seminar.
- Support in obtaining quotes and preparing comparative sheets.
- Support in Inventory Management (Office stationery and assets).
- Take custody of Petty Cash and process settlement
- Process staff medical insurance claims.
- Responsible for tracking daily staff movement, leave and update tracker and record.
- Responsible for timely collection of monthly time sheet and verification.
- Other duties as assigned by Chief of Party, DCOP/Finance, Director Admin & HR and Sr. Office and Security Manager
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Education: Minimum Intermediate/+ 2 in management, administration, or relevant field. Preferred Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field.
Experience: The ideal candidate will have the following experience and skills.
- At least 1– 2 years of similar experience.
- Ability to use MS Office (outlook, word, excel, power point).
- Person of high integrity, and commitment to organizational values and principles.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written (Nepali and English)
Disclaimer: Winrock does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (resume submission, interview, processing).
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can post their cover letter and CV to Jobs.KISAN@winrock.org within October 10, 2023. Applicants should reference Front Office cum Admin Associate in the subject line. Applications received after the stipulated date will not be entertained.