Finance Officer –J/TIP
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Finance Officer –J/TIP
Contract Period: 1st December 2020 to 30th September 2023
Application closing date: 20th October 2020
ECPAT Luxembourg is a non-governmental organisation headquartered in Luxembourg. Our primary goal is to end sexual exploitation of children. We are part of the global ECPAT network whose members work to achieve this common goal. Currently, we work in 10 countries across South and South East Asia and West Africa to protect children from all forms of sexual exploitation, including trafficking. We ensure that their families and communities are supported so that protection is strengthened at source in a sustainable manner. We work closely with government authorities to support and complement their efforts to build better futures for children where their rights to protection from sexual exploitation is guaranteed.
ECPAT Luxembourg has been awarded a federal grant from the US Department of State, Office to Monitor and Combat Trafficking in Persons (J/TIP) to implement a 3-year project(Suraksha ko Lagi Sath Sath/Together for Protection) in Nepal from the 1st of October 2020. The project will make efforts to ensure that strong government mechanisms and structures exist at provincial and local levels in Nepal that ensure comprehensive services to victims of trafficking, particularly for children.
Duty Station: South Asia Regional Office, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Collaborate and coordinate with finance/admin colleagues and implementing partners for effective financial management of project activities.
- Maintain grant financial management activities in order to ensure an efficient, secure and controlled financial environment in compliance with ECPAT Luxembourg and JTIP policies and procedures, requirements and local regulations.
- Prepare and maintain up-to-date ledgers.
- Manage cash controls, maintain up-to-date book keeping.
- Ensure all expenses are within project budget lines and report.
- Prepare financial statements, invoices, proposals, etc. as required.
- Ensure that financial transactions are properly updated and recorded.
- Prepare balance sheets, income statements, expense reports, etc.
- Collaborate in budget preparation
- Review and develop financial policies in collaboration with admin/finance colleagues to ensure operational efficiency.
- Prepare terms of reference and contract documents for sub grantees and consultants.
- Enter data integrity in all financial reporting.
- Conduct periodic financial analysis to identify and resolve issues, gaps or variances
- Prepare and finalize periodic financial reports with detailed narratives.
- Conduct regular field visits to monitor the implementing partners’ book of accounts.
- Track key monthly reporting indicators of implementing partners and analyze their corresponding expenditure and balance sheets.
- Graduate in Accounting, Finance or equivalent degrees
- 3-5 years’ experience in finance management. Part of this experience is required to be with a non-profit organization.
- Experienced in using accounting software.
- Familiarity with Nepal government’s tax laws and regulations.
- Excellent written and spoken skills in English and Nepali required.
All applications must be submitted to the following email address: email@example.com; with the following information on the subject line: Application for the position (you are applying for)
Applications sent by post will not be reviewed. Please include an application letter, updated CV (4 pages maximum) with email, telephone and/or skype contact details, and a minimum of 2 work related referees. Please state your expected salary on the cover letter. Applications without requested information will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Telephone and email queries will not be entertained.