Field Support Team Manager
Detailed Job description / requirements:
CONTRACTOR SCOPE OF WORK
Chemonics International Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTION/SCOPE OF WORK for a third-party contract staff
TITLE: Field Support Team Manager
PROJECT: Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Nepal
General Summary and Background
The purpose of the Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of USG-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, GHSC-PSM will develop and manage a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain.
At the country level, GHSC-PSM supports country strategies and priorities that fall under the following three project objectives:
- Global Commodity Procurement and Logistics
- Systems Strengthening Technical Assistance
- Global Collaboration to Improve Long-Term Availability of Health Commodities
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
The Field Support Team Manager (FSTM) will work under guidance of Technical Director to manage and coordinate contractor staff working in the role of Field Support Officers (FSO) at various decentralized locations throughout Nepal. The FSTM is the technical manager of the FSO team recruited and deployed by the contractor at different geographic locations.
The FSTM manages the FSO team on a day to day basis ensuring that agreed quarterly work plans are completed in a timely manner and to high quality standards. The FSTM isexperienced in supply chain management and logistics and can provide technical support and guidance to the FSO team to achieve their objects as determined by the GHSC-PSM project. The FSTM is the primary link between the FSO team and the GHSC-PSM management team providing a communications link between the project management and the FSO team. The FSTM is a liaison with Ministry of Health and Population (MoHP) stakeholders particularly the Management Division (MD) and health managers at the Province, District and local level government (LLG) levels and collects and collates intelligence and feedback from the field for the benefit of successful project delivery.The key responsibilities of the FSTMinclude, but are not limited to:
- Undertake day to day line management of the FSO team
- Undertake technical supervision of the FSO team to ensure timely completion of planned activities with high quality work and results.
- Lead the technical coordination between the GHSC-PSM technical teams and the FSO team.
- Arrange and facilitate quarterly FSO team work planning, feedback and coordination meetings.
Advocacy and relationship building
- Promote GHSC-PSM technical objectives to Provinces, Districts and LLGs though planned FSO team activities and field visits.
- Coordinate collection and collation of feedback from Provinces and lower levels on supply chain performance and issues and communicate to GHSC-PSM managers.
- Work with GHSC-PSM managers and the FSO team to understand issues and coordinate solutions to supply chain matters raised by and affecting central and decentralized levels of the system.
Support for technical activities, monitoring and reporting
- Work with GHSC-PSM technical teams to develop quarterly work plans for the FSO team and assign work to FSOs.
- Ensure the FSO team has the technical skills and resources to complete planned work
- Monitor the timely completion of work by the FSO team and provide a standard monthly progress report to the GHSC-PSM Technical Director.
- Coordinate the timely collection of data by FSOs and appropriate data quality checks to support the eLMIS system, ad hoc data requests and GHSC-PSM quarterly monitoring and evaluation (M&E) reporting.
- Prepare and execute plans in conjunction with MD and provinces to reduce stockout, expiries at the health facilities and follow-up with facilities to improve reporting rate
- Undertake planned and ad hoc root cause analysis through the FSO team to better understand deviations from performance targets within the M&E process.
- Bachelor degree in health, management or a relevant technical discipline preferred.
- 10 years’ experience in logistics or supply chain management. Experience in the health sector or government sector preferred.
- Experience of project management, compliance management andprocess adherence in work situations using computer based transactions preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and supervise a geographically dispersed team.
- Demonstrated ability to work with partners to maintain cooperation andachieve targets.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in both English and Nepali
- IT skills including Microsoft Office
The FSTM reports to the GHSC-PSM in Nepal Technical Director.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment
This position is based in Kathmandu. The FSTM will spend time 20% in the GHSC-PSM office and 80% time in the Management Division office. The FSTM is expected to spend around 15% of total time travelling to Provinces with a target to visit each Provincial Health office/medical store twice per year. The assignment is for the duration of the contractor’s period of performance.
Please send your CV and cover letter in electronic submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Field Support Team Manager" by May 24, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.