Detailed Job description / requirements:
Parent Federation of Parents of Intellectual Disabilities (PFPID), Nepal established in 2012 to ensure the rights of people with intellectual disabilities and their parents through organizing parents and persons with intellectual disabilities, capacity building, networking, and advocacy. As an umbrella organization, PFPID leads the intellectual disability movement at the national level whilst organizing parents and subsequent advocacy campaigns at the local level. It advocates for protecting and promoting the human rights of people with intellectual disabilities and building an egalitarian society with identity, and self-respect for dignified lives of persons with intellectual disabilities.
Position: Field Officer- 1
Duty Stations: Saptari, Rajbiraj
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain good coordination and working relationships with stakeholders, including donors, government bodies, local organizations community people, and other I/NGOs, in the program district.
- Develop monthly and quarterly action plans and submit them to the Program Manager.
- Ensure the quality implementation of the program activities in the district.
- Prepare field visit reports, progress reports, and financial supporting documents of the district-level program and submit them to the Program Manager.
- Identify issues and rights of persons with Intellectual Disabilities, prepare cases, and submit them to the Program Manager.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science/ Public Administration/ Management/ Science and Technology. (Master’s Degree preferred)
- Two years of progressively responsible experience in program management, planning, implementation, reporting, and budgeting.
- Basic knowledge in disability, rehabilitation of persons with disabilities, disability-related international legal frameworks, CRPD, disability-specific laws and policies, Sustainable Development Goals, etc.
- Ability to lead and coordinate multiple offices through multiple-step processes.
- Skills in writing proposals and communicating with donors.
- Skills in basic accounting and financial settlements.
- Proficient in written and verbal communication in English and Nepali.
- Excellent coordination, networking, communication, facilitation and report writing skills.
- Knowledge and experience in day-to-day office operation, administrative work, document verification, organizing meetings, writing minutes, record keeping, etc.
- Good skills and knowledge in writing advocacy letters, news, event reports, project reports, case stories, success case stories, etc. (in English and Nepali).
- Good skill in preparing project-related databases, monitoring tools, storing and analyzing project-related data in Excel or any other software.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates are requested to submit an application with a CV before September 25, 2023, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted in the recruiting process. Each candidate should mention the name of the position to which he/she wants to apply in the cover letter and the subject line of the email as well. Qualified persons with disabilities and women are encouraged to apply. Salary and other facilities will be as per the rules of PFPID- Nepal.