Forum for Rural Welfare and Agricultural Reform for Development (FORWARD Nepal), a national NGO involved in the fields of local capacity building & action research with special focus on food security, household incomes and resource conservation invites application from interested candidates for the following positions for its head office at Chitwan.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Position: Field Officer
Job Published Date: 2023.05.15
Forum for Rural Welfare and Agricultural Reform for Development (FORWARD Nepal), a national NGO is implementing a project entitled "Empowering Youth Entrepreneurs through Appropriate Horticultural Interventions in Nepal (YUVA)" in Kapilvastu, Dang and Arghakhanchi districts with the USAID funding under the Feed the Future Horticulture Innovation Lab managed by the University of California for 3.5 years. We are seeking three highly motivated and experienced Field Officers to join the project research team. The field Officer will coordinate and conduct fieldwork activities, collect and analyze data, and report on project progress. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal communication, and technical skills, and experience in data collection, analysis, and reporting. The position is based in one of the Palikas of three districts of Lumbini province. Therefore, applications are invited from interested Nepali citizens who meet the following selection criteria and are comfortable working with the major responsibilities mentioned below:
- Facilitate to coordinate with local government in identifying appropriate research sites, target groups and potential horticultural enterprises
- Coordinate field research activities, including scheduling, logistics, and data collection
- Coordinate/support in conducting interviews, household surveys, and focus group discussions with target groups
- Collect field data, enter them in designated software, and timely provide them to the PI and M&E Officer
- Maintain project records, databases, and documentation
- Prepare activity reports as per the periodic reporting requirements and
- Prepare case studies, fact sheets, and event reports
- Coordinate/facilitate in organizing training, meetings, workshops, and exposure visits as per need
- Support/coordinate research scholars (Ph.D., Masters) in field research activities as per need under the trellis program activities
- Closely work with the targeted youth and local governments
- Communicate project updates and results to project team members and stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with project team members and other stakeholders
Minimum Education Qualifications and Experiences
- At least a Diploma in plant science or agricultural enterprising or related field
- At least 2 years of experience in field research and extension work, field survey, studies and or development activities related to agricultural enterprising
- Very good communication skills, both verbal and written, in English and Nepali language,
- Knowledge and skill in computer applications, specifically Microsoft Office packages,
- Knowledge and skill of statistical package for data analysis will be added value
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and quality control in data collection, entry, and data analysis
- Knowledge and experience of horticulture crops (vegetables and fruits) value chain will be advantageous.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge and commitment towards Gender Equality and Social Inclusion,
- Ability to manage time effectively, prioritize tasks, and meet project deadlines
- Ability to work in different environments and adapt to changing circumstances
- Possession of a valid driver's license will be added advantage
We welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, sex, age, disability, or any other legally protected status. However, women, members of marginalized groups and local applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
Salary and benefits will be as per FORWARD Nepal's rules and regulations.
To apply, please send your application along with the updated CV with the names of two referees via this link Click here until May 27, 2023. Please visit FORWARD Nepal's website: www.forwardnepal.org/announcements for further information. Date of written and interview: Between 1st week of June 2023 (Tentative).
|Category||Development and Project, Development / NGO|
|Position Type||Full Time|
|Posted Date||15 May, 2023|
|Apply Before||27 May, 2023|