S.W. Nepal Private Limited (http://www.swnepal.com.np/) is a national consulting firm to enhance the development results working together with government institutions, development agencies and private sector. In doing so, SWN aims to bridge the policy, research and implementation gap in Nepal through capacity building, policy influencing and applying sustainable solutions. The company values include a) enhancing the outcomes from the investments b) building stronger partnerships at local, national and international levels c) building itself as a responsive and accountable company and d) promoting ethical practices at work and undertaking business. The company demonstrates its commitment towards ethics and fair policy in its dealings with clients.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
S.W. Nepal Pvt. Ltd. (Scott Wilson Nepal)
TERMS OF REFERENCES
S.W. Nepal Pvt. Ltd. (Scott Wilson Nepal/ SWN) is a wholly Nepali-owned multidisciplinary research and development consulting service provider operational since its registration with the Government of Nepal in 2000. The firm provides sustainable, innovative and cutting-edge solutions to organizations, institutions, governments and private sector clients by helping them to overcome challenges through planning, research, management support, capacity building and policy promotion. Please visit for more details on our team, location and our services.
Job Title: Field Monitor
Location: Field based
Position: Full time, 15 months fixed term contract
Propose of the job
Fiend Monitor (FM) will be responsible to conduct field level monitoring (spot-checking) based on inspection checklist in their assigned wards/ local government. FM will closely work with DE to collect the beneficiary list selected in random sampling. FM will conduct ward level meetings with local government, NRA Inspection team. The FM shall regularly communicate the progress and activities happening at assigned ward to District Engineer.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities
- Lead field inspection and monitoring activities at field level
- Collect, organize and upload data and inspection sheets on Electronic Monitoring System
- Assist District Engineer to prepare field plans, project reports, monitoring report etc.
- Coordinate with District Engineer for beneficiaries list and plan for spot checking
- Coordinate with NRA inspection team for field plan and inspection visits.
- Report daily activities at work site and forward urgent issues raised to DE
- Fill monitoring checklist of TPM of each participating households
- Upkeep record of reconstruction and tranche status at assigned local level
- Obtain regular updates on public opinion on project activities
- Support national and international consultants visit and undertake activities to assist them
- Any other official duties reasonably required for an efficient and effective program implementation
- Any other relevant task mutually agreed with SW Nepal Pvt Ltd management
Required qualification and experience:
- Minimum four years experiencedSub Engineers or one year experienced Graduate Engineer in construction, supervision and monitoring of building with at least one year of experience in reconstruction projects after earthquake
- Able to operate electronic monitoring system tools and equipment for spot checking
- Able to study designs and monitor the construction accordingly
- Knowledge of Nepal Building Codes, NRA published guidelines
- Knowledge of office tools (especially Excel and word)
- Knowledge of alternate technologies will be an added advantage
- Able to travel frequently to remote areas in districts highly affected by the earthquake
- Driving license for 2-wheeler vehicle shall be an additional advantage
Employment period The post-holder will be recruited by implementing partner SW Nepal Pvt. Ltd. and deputed to work till December 2020. There will be a probation period of three months from the date of appointment.
How to apply
If you are interested, please email your CVbefore 28th Aug 2019. Only shortlisted candidate will be informed and called for further consultations.