Field-Based Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (FMEO)
Street Child is an international charity based in the United Kingdom that aims to create avenues for out of-school children to access education through an integrated approach that strengthens the capacity of teachers, schools and communities to sustain their investment in the education for their children. Following the devastating earthquakes in April and May 2015 that left more than 1 million children out of school and destroyed or damaged over 50,000 classrooms, Street Child UK expanded its operations into Nepal to assist local partners to re-establish education in some of the countryâ€™s worst affected communities. With the support of DFID, it is now implementing an education and livelihood program targeting marginalized girls in Dhanusha, Mahottari, Siraha, Saptari and Sunsari districts.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Position: Field-Based Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (FMEO)
Reports To: Research, Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Duty Station: Janakpur (including frequent field visits)
Working Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Salary Range: NPR 754,000.00 – 975,000.00 gross annually
Purpose of the Position:
Street Child of Nepal (SCoN), UK based International Non-Government Organization has been implementing UK Aid-funded project: Breaking The Bonds (BTB) with the purposes of educating and empowering the Musahar girls aged from 15 to 18 years through Accelerated Learning Programme (ALP), Life Skills and Livelihood Support Programme in three Terai districts (Siraha, Dhanusha and Mahottari) of Nepal since 2018 for three years. Simultaneously, one more similar project named Marginalized No More (MNM) is also ready for start in 2019 for the Musahar girls aged from 10 to 18 years in five districts (Siraha, Dhanusha, Mahottari, Saptari and Sunsari). In order to manage an effective and efficient monitoring and evaluation of the projects in the field, Street Child of Nepal, therefore, invites application for a field-based Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (FMEO) position for Janakpur field office.
Field-Based Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (FMEO) will work under direct supervision of Research, Monitoring and Evaluation Manager (RM&EM) and in coordination with Programme Manager of UK Aid-funded Breaking the Bonds (BTB) project and Marginalized No More (MNM) projects and including another programme team members. The incumbent will be responsible for implementing monitoring and evaluation related task of the projects in the field through the tracking of the progress of the projects' activities carried out by the partners and inform to management for the effective decision making.
Job Description 1. Implementation of field level Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Closely monitor attendance and assessment records and reports of the Accelerated Learning Programme (ALP), Life Skills Programme and Livelihood Programme of both the projects.
- Monitor the activity carried out by the Community Management Committee (CMC) of all the learning centers.
- Monitor beneficiaries' learning through tracking of girl’s profile tool and assure the quality of the learning of girls.
- Support on design and implementation of monitoring system of the projects for its effectiveness.
- Support on designing data collection tools/templates, and assist for regular data collection/generation process from the field.
- Provide technical support to project and partners staffs on implementing the M&E plan.
- Liaise with project management to collect and analyze data and to determine progress achieved.
- Ensure that reports from partners/consultants meet the quality requirements such as consistency, timeliness and completeness.
2. Project Information Management
- Assist in tracking projects database system maintained by the partners specifically work plan, attendance and assessment on periodic basis in close coordination with project's monitoring team and implementing partners.
- Verify and compile data collected from the field as stipulated in the monitoring plan.
- Contribute on reviewing monitoring reports, project progress reports, case studies, video documentaries, powerpoint presentation etc.
- Provide technical support on maintaining the project database and data security.
3. Capacity Development in M&E
- Provide technical support to staff members on M&E related activities.
- Provide support as a facilitator on training or orientation program erelated to M&E concept, skills and tools for the partners staffs and other stakeholders.
- Work closely with implementing team for enhancing their capacity for proper data collection and reporting.
- Contribute to design training materials, communication materials related M&E System.
4. Reporting and documentation
- Collect and/or assist to collect case story, best practice documentation, lesson learnt; and update and manage those information in project's reports and other knowledge products.
- Contribute for developing and managing knowledge products (knowledge management) of project.
5. General responsibility:
- Prepare monitoring field visit plan and conduct monitoring visit.
- Conduct regular monitoring to project's interventions to ensure the quality delivery of inputs and contribute for generating expected results.
- Work closely with the project team member and relevant stakeholders for monitoring and evaluation of project interventions.
- Assist to organize and facilitate various events such as meetings, workshops, conferences, and seminars at field level.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities related to M&E as assigned by supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Statistics, Economics, Database Management, Rural Development or relevant subjects with extensive experience in similar responsible position in rural community is considered as equivalent.
- At least 2 years of work experience in a field related to monitoring, evaluation, database management and planning or project management.
- Previous successful involvement with, and good knowledge of CBOs, I/NGOs and civil society is desired.
- High preference to provide local Musahar ethnicity.
- Willingness to undertake regular field visits in different conditions is required.
- Experience of quantitative and qualitative tools development and data collection and analysis.
- Hands on experience of managing database software.
- Sound knowledge and experience on writing reports.
Communication and Knowledge Management Skills:
- Good interpersonal, communications, and facilitation skills.
- Consistently creates and shares knowledge products for different audiences.
- Excellent written and oral communication in Nepali, English and Maithili.
Interpersonal and Organizational skills:
- Collaborative within the team, consortium and stakeholders.
- Problem solving and flexible.
- Capacity to take initiative and work independently with minimum instructions and as a team member in diverse workforce.
- Proactive with multitasking abilities.
- Has social skills- builds and maintains relationships within the organization and with stakeholders.
- Adept at collecting, collating and curating data in the form of weekly, quarterly and yearly reports.
- Adhere to Street Child of Nepal’s Code of Conduct and other existing organizational policies at all times.
- Accountable towards the role responsibilities and deliverables, demonstrating high efficiency at work while adhering to the core values of Street Child of Nepal.
- Able to hold the team accountable in delivering planned activities of a high standard.
Creativity and Integrity:
- Adapts to change and is open to new ideas of teaching and learning pedagogies.
- Encourages team to be innovative in working ideologies and processes.
- Is honest and transparent at work with highest level of integrity.
If you are a self-motivated individual, who also believes in the mission and vision of this organization and meet the above mentioned skills and qualifications please send your updated CV with three (3) references and a cover letter explaining why you believe you qualify for this job at email@example.com not later than 04 October 2019. The subject should clearly mention, “Application for Field-Based Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (FMEO).”
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted-please do not contact us directly. Telephone inquiries will not be entertained. Canvassing at any stage of the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification of the application.
Street Child of Nepal is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates and candidates form local areas/district, minority community, groups and caste are highly encouraged to apply.
We are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work and all employment offers are subject to satisfactory reference checks.