Expression of Interest (EOI) Call for Consultancy
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Expression of Interest (EOI) Call for Consultancy
dZi Foundation is a US-based non-profit organization working with rural communities in Nepal to achieve prosperity by eliminating barriers to basic needs, fostering opportunities for sustainable livelihoods, and building their capacity to catalyze transformational change. dZi partners with communities for three multi-year stages to support complementary health, education, and livelihood programs that unlock local opportunities, build more unified communities, and create lasting solutions to complex local challenges. dZi provides communities with the skills and resources needed to design and implement these community-led projects.
Call for Consultancy
At present, dZi partners with three local NGOs in Solukhumbu, Khotang, and Bhojpur to implement most of its field-based activities with a programmatic focus on health, education, and livelihood works. The call for consultancy service is to assess the quality of the partner NGOs’ administration, program management systems, and procedures as well as Board and staff members’ knowledge of program and organizational management. An integrated objective of the consultancy service is also to formulate a brief capacity-building and institutional development plan based on the findings. The consultant/s will concentrate on the following areas:
- Organizational Structure and Governance: Assess the structure and governance of the Local NGO Partners, including its membership, board formation, and management structure. Evaluate the effectiveness of the decision-making process and internal & external communication mechanisms & practice.
- Programs Management: Assess the significance, effectiveness & efficiency of NGO’s programs planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation, and local resource mobilization. Participation of local stakeholders regarding program needs identification and assessment.
- Human Resource Management: Assess the workforce capacity of NGOs to effectively implement its programs. Review relevant policies and evaluate the effectiveness of the NGO’s performance management system (PMS) and professional development opportunities.
- Partnership & Networking: Review the existing partnership with local governments, the community, and other relevant networks, and evaluate the effectiveness of the NGO’s networking.
- MERL & Communication: Review status of ICT in the areas, internal & external communication materials such as website/brochure/annual report, etc. state of / availability of internal M&E plan (data collection tools, quality review, plans for sharing and using data, etc.). Assess the work environment of the organization to maintain good relationships with the donors, media, other actors, and local/federal government.
- Administrative capacity: Conduct a brief administrative capacity assessment on organizational management, internal and external control, document filing systems, availability of equipment, and other resources.
- Inception report consisting of methodologies, timeline, key deliverables, and milestones.
- Draft report consisting of the executive summary, assessment scope, approach, findings, conclusion, and recommendations. An annex of the action plan and estimated cost will be an integrated part of the report.
- Final report addressing the feedback from dZi Foundation.
Duration of the Consultancy
The duration of the consultancy is approximately 25 working days, and the final report should be submitted by/before June 25, 2023.
Qualification of the Consultant/s
- At least a master’s degree in related fields from a recognized university.
- At least 10 years of professional experience in organizational development, program design and management, internal control system, capacity building, and related work in non-profit sectors.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication, and report-writing skills, both in Nepali and in English.
- Knowledge of relevant GON’s latest policy, procedure, regulations, and requirements applicable to non-profit organizations in Nepal, both in terms of technical and financial.
- Demonstrated experience in managing similar consultancy with at least 3 inter/national clients.
- Able and willing to travel to the project districts and be flexible in terms of communicating with diverse people, and context.
Submission of EOI
Interested Nepali citizens/firms meeting the above qualifications can submit their EOI with (1) a cover page, (2) a brief technical and financial proposal, not more than 5 pages, (3) an updated CV of the consultant/s including PAN certificate, (4) evidence of similar assignment, at least 3, and (5) company profile with tax clearance and certificate, if applicable. Any question/s in relation to the EOI must be submitted by May 26, 2023, to email@example.com. Please submit your EOI and required documents electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by/before 5 PM on May 28, 2023. Please ensure that the attachment should not be larger than 10 MB. No telephone inquiry, please. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for further process.
dZi reserves the right to accept and reject any or all proposals without assigning any reason whatsoever.
|Category||Development and Project, Expression of Interests, Tender Notice, Bid|
|Experience||Please check details below.|
|Education||Please check details below.|
|Posted Date||19 May, 2023|
|Apply Before||28 May, 2023|