Detailed Job description / requirements:
Only female candidates are encouraged to apply
The Executive Director (ED) is the highest position in the Beyond Beijing Committee (BBC) Nepal. It is Kathmandu based position. Traveling outside Kathmandu valley is required as per need. The ED reports to the Executive Committee through the General Secretary.
The Executive Director (ED) shall be responsible for overseeing day-to-day activities of organization and shall take overall leadership and management of programs and administration in line with the organization’s mission, core value and principles ED will shoulder the following responsibilities:
- lead the planning, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of all programs/projects of the organization.
- Play a strategic role in new program/project development and resource generation.
- Ensure all policy and donor compliances, quality assurance of project implementation and donor reporting.
- Develop and implement strategies aiming to promote the organization’s mission
- Create complete plans for the attainment of goals and objectives set in the strategic plan and set time to time by the board
- Build an effective team of leaders by providing guidance and coaching to subordinate staff members
- Take team leadership for result-based feminist human rights perspective program planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Strengthen and mobilize the program, administration and finance and provide technical and other necessary support and inputs.
- Manage for hiring, promoting and ending contracts and appraising performance of all the staff.
- Maintain a positive work environment that facilitates collaboration and information sharing and is conducive to attracting, retaining, and motivating diverse talent.
- Coordinate and maintain effective communications with funding agencies, like-minded organizations, stakeholders, and Executive Committee members to expand the working area and mobilize team members for fund raising activities.
- Take team lead to prepare and finalize program proposals periodic and annual report and submit it to funding agencies on time.
- Facilitate capacity building activities for program and administrative staff.
- Support and manage for conducting different meetings such as partners/donors meeting periodic and annual review and planning meeting, Executive Committee meeting and Annual General meeting and Assembly.
- Implement decisions made by the Executive Committee and the Annual General Meeting.
- Report to the Executive Committee on the operational, administrative, and financial aspects of BBC Nepal at each Executive Committee meeting and ensure that the Executive Board is made aware, in a timely way, of key strategic and other operational challenge.
- Ensure that BBC's operations are free from any biases that are detrimental to equality, inclusiveness or a positive working environment.
Master’s degree in Gender Studies, Women Studies, Human Rights and other related field with at least 5 years’ experience in the senior management position in the related discipline.
- Ability to apply successful fundraising and networking techniques
- An analytical mind capable for “out-of-the-box” thinking to solve problems
Dynamic and strategic leadership capabilities and the ability to define and execute goals to realize the mission of BBC Nepal.
- Sound understanding of feminist human rights-based approaches and issues in national and international context including the main actors, strategies and policies
- Knowledge of CEDAW, BPFA, UPR, SDGs etc.
- Proven record of successful management experience of development projects, their funds, human resources and partners
- Ability to work independently, regularly take initiative to drive the organization towards continued growth and success. Track record of contribution in a successful acquisition. Proven leadership skills and track record in motivating, coaching, team building and developing individuals
- Familiar on UN mechanism and HR instruments
- Excellent communication, presentation, facilitation, writing proposals, reporting and writing skills in English and Nepali
- Proven networking and partnership building skills and ability to maintain good relations with diverse individuals, government agencies and organisations strong command of written and oral communication in English and Nepal
Competent woman candidates from socially excluded groups such as Indigenous Peoples, Madhesi, and Dalit will be given preference and requested to submit an electronic copy of their updated CV, Salary Expectation by email along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 6th September, 2022.
Please write an Application for Executive Director on the subject line of your application to address Chairperson of Beyond Beijing Committee Nepal.
Telephone enquiries will not be entertained. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for further screening process.
BBC Nepal reserves the right to reject any or all applications. BBC Nepal is an equal opportunity feminist human rights employer. We promote workforce diversity and encourage women candidates of diverse socially excluded backgrounds to apply.